Wave Alchemy - Triaz Native - No Kontakt -- Free for current owners!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dan Byers at Wave Alchemy has just let me know that a new release is due soon and has encouraged me to put the info on KVR. The email said:
"It is all done now, and we will be releasing this next week. Here is a full list of what is included:

New Features

Increased Drum Pitch Range to + / -24 cents
Added a step position indicator to the track sequencer at the bottom of the interface.
Added Audio Stem export option to Export Page
Added Audio One Shot export option to Export Page
Added an option to Bypass all 'FX', so you can quickly A/B entire processing chains and additionally use this to export audio / stems / mixes unprocessed if required.
Bumped Automation slots up to 64.
Added a user editable .json file for advanced users so you can change the behaviour of certain parts of the plugin, such as being able to switch on / off previewing of drums whilst sequencer is playing and other options.
Added the option to 'clear' individual layers to unload samples from layers.
Added the option to 'preview' layers by clicking the layer tabs.
Changed the behaviour of bulk sample import so that imported samples still show in the Sound Browser regardless of how many / little sub folders the imported folders have.
Added Keyboard shortcuts for navigation. This one is really powerful. Now you can use for example 'S' on your keyboard to quickly switch between the Sound and Sequencer pages, M to toggle between the Mixer, Channel FX, Send FX, Master FX tabs, D to open / close the drum randomizer, B to open Sound Browser, P to open Preset browser, and more.
Hold shift and hover over notes in the sequencer to see their MIDI value.
Added ability to enter full velocity steps without the need to drag.
Enabled Drum Layer XY pads for Host Automation
Added the ability of double-clicking presets to load them from the preset browser.
Added the ability to click the small up / down arrows for Swing, Rate, Length on individual sequencer lanes.
Added options to Save / Load Multi Out Audio Output Channel mappings on the ‘Manage’ menu on the Mapping & Routing page.

Fixes

Fixed audio crackles when rendering audio using Audio Export in FL Studio.
Improved audio render stability for Audio export in all DAWs.
Fixed silent audio render when using Audio Export with Host Sync mode whilst DAW transport is playing.
Fixed sequencer lanes without note data could still be ‘silently’ edited.
Fixed exported MIDI files sometimes skipping the first beat in Ableton Live
Improved MIDI render stability in all DAWs.
Fixed Pitch & Motion data not resetting correctly when using Pattern Banks
Fixed timing issues when triggering Sequencer Play via MIDI keys.

pekbro wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:08 pm Geeze, this thing excels at cinematic style percussion. Seems like other genres require me to actually do stuff tho. :lol:
Yeah a lot of the presets are "cinematic" style which doesn't really do anything for me. But overall it's a good drum plugin, they just seem to be pushing the "cinematic" thing for some reason. I would have been happier if they included a larger variety of presets but I guess you can get those on your own.

This coming update looks good.

Yes, seems like everything that was promised, they have been working hard! Some really nice updates considering its only recently released...looking forward to it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:12 pm Yes, seems like everything that was promised...some really nice updates considering its only recently released...looking forward to it.
If they keep up this pace, I see a promising future for the plugin.

I also like the fact that the library is in open format, including the IRs.

seangm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm
Yeah a lot of the presets are "cinematic" style which doesn't really do anything for me. But overall it's a good drum plugin, they just seem to be pushing the "cinematic" thing for some reason. I would have been happier if they included a larger variety of presets but I guess you can get those on your own.
The Cinematic presets in Triaz were actually more of an afterthought, believe it or not. It was an area we hadn't previously put much thought towards in previous drum products, and so we wanted to expand on this a bit. I believe there are only around 45 of these presests though, with a few more across the 'Percussion' and 'Experimental' genre tag too. They are the first presets that show in the preset browser though (these show alphabetically but in order of the genre tags) , which may have given people the idea that there are a lot.

There are around 650 presets that span the following genres: House, Techno, Electronica, Pop. Lofi, Hip Hop, Tech House, Drum & Bass, Dancehall, Experimental, Top loops and more. Usually with a fairly even amount in each folder.

We have a bunch of expansions in the work, and have been working on these for well over a year already. We should have around 10 of these finished and released this year.

One that we are just finishing up now for example is a very large expansion of acoustic drums, but specifically engineered, mixed and processed for genres such as Hip Hop, Lofi, Bedroom Pop, Experimental Pop, Break Beat. So, very stylized acoustic drums with a lofi aesthetic. This pack alone utilizes hundreds of different drums / kits, and has been recorded with rare vintage mics, and processed to tape, cassette, guitar pedals etc. We are about to transfer all this content to vinyl too and record back the results. It's a pretty epic collection.

Other ones we are working on are Modular Drums, IDM, Techno, A huge creative drum machine pack, 90's style Drum & Bass, Vintage Breaks, a huge world percussion library, Synth Drums 2 for Triaz, Romhack (instant access to a library of nostalgic drums created from original gaming consoles from the 80’s and 90’s), Modern Trap, and quite a few others.

Some of these expansions will have over 10,000 new samples each, and hundreds of new presets utilizing them.

What else would people like to see?
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

ralfrobert wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Yes, it's certainly nice to keep this open format, giving people the option to use the sounds outside of Triaz :tu:

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

del

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm
seangm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm
The Cinematic presets in Triaz were actually more of an afterthought, believe it or not. It was an area we hadn't previously put much thought towards in previous drum products, and so we wanted to expand on this a bit. I believe there are only around 45 of these presests though, with a few more across the 'Percussion' and 'Experimental' genre tag too. They are the first presets that show in the preset browser though (these show alphabetically but in order of the genre tags) , which may have given people the idea that there are a lot.

There are around 650 presets that span the following genres: House, Techno, Electronica, Pop. Lofi, Hip Hop, Tech House, Drum & Bass, Dancehall, Experimental, Top loops and more. Usually with a fairly even amount in each folder.

We have a bunch of expansions in the work, and have been working on these for well over a year already. We should have around 10 of these finished and released this year.

One that we are just finishing up now for example is a very large expansion of acoustic drums, but specifically engineered, mixed and processed for genres such as Hip Hop, Lofi, Bedroom Pop, Experimental Pop, Break Beat. So, very stylized acoustic drums with a lofi aesthetic. This pack alone utilizes hundreds of different drums / kits, and has been recorded with rare vintage mics, and processed to tape, cassette, guitar pedals etc. We are about to transfer all this content to vinyl too and record back the results. It's a pretty epic collection.

Other ones we are working on are Modular Drums, IDM, Techno, A huge creative drum machine pack, 90's style Drum & Bass, Vintage Breaks, a huge world percussion library, Synth Drums 2 for Triaz, Romhack (instant access to a library of nostalgic drums created from original gaming consoles from the 80’s and 90’s), Modern Trap, and quite a few others.

Some of these expansions will have over 10,000 new samples each, and hundreds of new presets utilizing them.

What else would people like to see?
Yeah I'm not unhappy with the presets, my impression is probably based on the cinematic presets being all grouped at the beginning like you said. There is a nice selection of styles there once you dig in. I can only speak for myself but I'd love some more hip hop, pop, rock and maybe some heavier stuff. But everyone will have their own preferences so maybe other people will chime in.

brightonob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:57 pm Dan Byers at Wave Alchemy has just let me know that a new release is due soon and has encouraged me to put the info on KVR.
Thanks for the update!

Triaz keeps getting better. The only big thing missing for me is a better way to categorize user samples. Something like XO would be amazing but I guess that's probably for v2.

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm What else would people like to see?
Maybe a way for 3rd party content creators to easily create new packs? A system like in VPS Avenger maybe? :)

Would be cool and it'd add value to the user base.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:05 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Yes, it's certainly nice to keep this open format, giving people the option to use the sounds outside of Triaz :tu:
This is definitely a huge added value! Well done on that front.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:46 pm
Maybe a way for 3rd party content creators to easily create new packs? A system like in VPS Avenger maybe? :)

Would be cool and it'd add value to the user base.
Yes, I totally agree. I would love to see this included in a future update :tu:

For anyone interested, here is a sneak peak at the forthcoming new Pattern Randomizer page (keeping in the style and UX of the existing Drum Randomizer).

stash98 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:28 pm
romad_20 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:48 pm Mac M2 latest OS, VST3. I'm going to restart and try again this afternoon when I'm in front of my computer again.
Try the AU as well. I run a lot of AU's in Ableton and they seem more stable.
Tried this. No difference. Tried lowering sample rate, AU, running through the Mac's driver vs. my Audient id 24. All the same result. It only happens when the gui is not on screen and you try to pull it up again.

Apparently, I'm one of 4 out of about 4000 having this issue according to Dan. :( He is working with me to troubleshoot. Just in case anyone else has the issue, I'll update if it gets figured out.
Last edited by romad_20 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”