Wave Alchemy - Triaz Native - No Kontakt -- Free for current owners!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChanceB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:29 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:06 pm
ChanceB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:00 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 pm Wonder how many customers have got this same problem as you?
It doesn’t work for me either
Mac or PC?
Mac
Mac here too. Deffo would hope that WA would help if you emailed their support.I’d share a screenshot of the pathway on my HD of where I’ve added sample folders to confirm yours was the same but am not in my studio.
Last edited by revvy on Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

MoodyB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:34 pm Milkman are you clicking the browser bar above the sample waveform to browse samples?

I've attached an image showing a Goldbaby folder under User Presets that I tried here ( haven't written much music recently so haven't set up Triaz fully yet )

This has 4 sub folders that you can see to the right side in blue text, with the samples to the right of that.
As Ive said a few times, none of this works for me. The samples I put into the "User Samples" folder dont show up in any menu, and all I see is the core library. I can drag/drop samples into channels and this works-- the same samples that wont index inside Triaz will allow drag/drop into a channel. Not sure why the other method doesnt work.

Ill wait for the dev to get back to me, and hopefully they can shed some light on why this wont work. As I described in my original message to them weeks ago, I REALLY want this to work so I can begin moving away from the NI ecosystem and I have high hopes -- based on what the dev claims the plugin will do.

It's definitely buggy, there's no doubt about that but take your frustration somewhere else. No need to take it out on people here on KvR and especially not trying to portray well known long standing members like SLiC here for being sock puppets.

As for the User Samples folder thing, yeah it's 100% broken here on my computer as well. I can drag and drop individual samples from anywhere on my computer directly to a sample slot but copying any samples to the User Samples folder yields no results at all, no matter how many times you try to refresh it.

I'm on Mac and I'm using Triaz 1.0.0
Last edited by bmanic on Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

revvy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:34 pm
ChanceB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:29 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:06 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 pm Wonder how many customers have got this same problem as you?
Mac or PC?
Mac
Mac here too. Deffo would hope that WA would help if you emailed their support.I’d share a screenshot of the pathway on my HD of where I’ve added sample folders to confirm yours was the same but am not in my studio.
It should work. I put the wave alchemy fielder in my music folder instead of documents folder but everything else in Triaz works fine. So my file path is Mac hd/username/music/wave alchemy/triaz/user samples. I might try moving the Wave alchemy folder to Documents and see if that changes anything. I’ve emailed support to let them know. I’ll probably keep messing with it later this evening.Im not terribly concerned about it as I’m sure it will be fixed and Triaz has a bunch of great samples,but it should definitely be an easier process. Hopefully it is changed in the future so we can just point Triaz to any folder we have our samples stored in.

I just tried copying one of those Goldbaby subfolders into the user samples folder, so the directory structure was :

User Samples -> LDMK_Transients -> 'individual samples',

The folder name, LDMK_Transients, showed up under the User Samples section after I clicked the refresh icon, but no samples appear when I click on it.

So it seems like you need to have a main category folder, along with a subfolder for it to work properly?

I take it you've already tried this?

Took me three attempts to get it working. First time I added my sample folder to the wrong place. Second time I didn’t hit the refresh icon. Then I read somebody’s post on this thread and third time was the charm.

That said, does seem to be a bit buggy now that more folks are reporting issues. I have faith WA will mend whatever needs mending.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm It's definitely buggy, there's no doubt about that but take your frustration :( somewhere else. No need to take it out on people here on KvR and especially not trying to portray well known long standing members like SLiC here for being sock puppets.
Thanks bmanic - he also took the time to post on the Elektronoughts forum that I was some sort of covert employee defending WA….I'm starting to believe it myself :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Read his website. Explains a lot…

And where’s my bloody cheque from WA..?

MoodyB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:52 pm
So it seems like you need to have a main category folder, along with a subfolder for it to work properly?
THIS IS THE KEY.

Yes this worked for me. So, you can NOT put single samples directly into the User Samples directory. You can NOT put a single directory with samples into the User Samples folder.. then you will only see the directory name after refreshing but no actual samples. You MUST have a two directory structure within the User Samples folder, meaning <User Samples>/<Directory1>/<Directory2>/...samples. That's the ONLY thing that works.

What you MUST DO to get it to work is this (Example for kick drum samples):

1) Create a "Drums" folder inside the User Samples directory
2) Create a "Kicks" folder inside the Drums folder
3) Copy your samples to this folder (or symbolic links to it)

Yeah, this is dumb. No idea why this system wasn't tested more thoroughly. The User Samples directory, which is clumsy to begin with, should just detect ANY samples and any folders you put in there. It should not have to be mandatory to have a very specific structure to get it working.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I got it to work. Looks like the samples I originally tried with were label with a capital .WAV extension for some reason

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:30 pm
MoodyB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:52 pm
THIS IS THE KEY.

Yes this worked for me. So, you can NOT put single samples directly into the User Samples directory. You can NOT put a single directory with samples into the User Samples folder.. then you will only see the directory name after refreshing but no actual samples. You MUST have a two directory structure within the User Samples folder, meaning <User Samples>/<Directory1>/<Directory2>/...samples. That's the ONLY thing that works.

What you MUST DO to get it to work is this (Example for kick drum samples):

1) Create a "Drums" folder inside the User Samples directory
2) Create a "Kicks" folder inside the Drums folder
3) Copy your samples to this folder (or symbolic links to it)

Yeah, this is dumb. No idea why this system wasn't tested more thoroughly. The User Samples directory, which is clumsy to begin with, should just detect ANY samples and any folders you put in there. It should not have to be mandatory to have a very specific structure to get it working.
This was it,not my capitalized .WAV samples. Working fine now. Thank you

I used the 2 folder thing (which is why it was working for me) as it was mentioned in the FAQ part on the web site, says you need 2 folders for the file structure, I think the idea was it would read the sub folder names (bass, snare etc) and use it for indexing…you can see the instructions here.

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/product/t ... omatically.
Triaz will automatically organize and tag the imported Sample Packs using the first 2 Folder Levels of the Sample Packs’ Folder Structure. This means the Drum and Tag buttons on the Drum Tag column to the right will populate with these folder names automatically. You can also use this structure to perfectly tag your own samples for use within Triaz’s Browser.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ah, I was right...
Choikdoi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:23 am Wasn't there something about samples not showing up in a particular level of sub-layer levels in the Triaz User Samples folder? Or, not showing up unless they were in a particular level? That's the only reason I can think of why that normal method isn't working for him.
Not that he bothered to read that, even though his was the very next post after that!
Milkman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:55 pm You arent hearing me. I sent them a PRE SALES email asking about features, which they ignored. Then I took the leap and BOUGHT the plugin, and the same issue exists + there is no response. Now Im angry about that. Try, if you can, to spin that to be *my fault* somehow, and do it quickly before I ignore you.
It's your fault because you took the "leap (of faith)". On a product that you couldn't get to work in demo mode. Regardless of whether or not it didn't work because you'd been doing it wrong, buying anything that you're not sure about beforehand is always the fault of the buyer.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Btw. the user sample import feature will be enhanced soon anyway:
wave alchemy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:46 am ... Here are the things we have currently added / addressed:

9. Fixed bulk sample import so that samples still show in the browser regardless of how many / little sub folders the imported folders have.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Milkman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:09 pm
Every time anyone brings up issues, these couple accounts try to shift the reason for the issue to always be about the customers.
This accusation is a lie. I/ SLiC haven’t ‘always’ done anything in this or any other thread. One user hadn’t set up his folders correctly and folks responded.

I refuted this post before and a mod deleted my reply while leaving the accusation. If you’re gonna delete my reply you should also delete the accusation, no?

Milkman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:09 pm Im starting to think this is one of those investor-backed pump and dump things, lol.
My goodness mate, please get a grip.

———————————————————

Related: great to be reminded about fix #9 above. Current system clearly works if you set up as they suggest but is also clearly too specific in terms of necessary folder structure for folks who wanna use their own samples i.e. a lot.

Return to “Instruments”