Cloned Laptop of Studio PC

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to get some input and advice from the Discord. What would be the best way to connect another PC to my studio PC? I'll explain.

So, my studio PC is set up like any other PC, arranged in a way with plugins, sample folders, projects, etc.

Now, I would like to have a laptop that I can use in another part of the house but also want a handover type setup. So, when I finish in the studio and then want to do something quickly, I can grab the laptop, open the project, make the changes, etc., and then when I come back to the studio, I can open the same project and carry on.

So, I guess the two options would be a server or AVB interfaces. Streaming audio isn't the problem for me; I think the problem is keeping two PCs as clones of each other.

I don't want to be able to work on the project on both PCs at the same time. So, it's either the laptop or the studio PC. With the laptop, I would like to use some Presonus 3.5s or something similar.

Let me know your thoughts.

Maybe you could connect your laptop via Windows Remote Desktop to your main PC?
This way there would be no cloning needed, you just work with your main PC all the time but from different locations.

You can even remote desktop from an iOS or Android device which can be even more convenient. An iPad with an apple pencil may be an in ideal interface for quick things and they can work with mice and keyboards.

Yes. Agreed with what was said.
Instead of investing in expansive laptop, invest in good internal wifi network.

You can stream videogames at 60fps+ from Xbox or ps5, so no pb to do it for a DAW.

TruthTraderAudio wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:02 am I wanted to get some input and advice from the Discord.
For the record, this isnt a Discord, and neither are the other places you've posted this.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”