Audio input for Zebra 3?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Urs,

Are you planning on giving Zebra 3 audio input?

So i mean, also doing an effect version, by with MIDI trigger input as well?

This new envelope system would make Zebra 3 a killer enveloper effect, along the lines of LFO Tool, Shaperbox, etc.

I could also imagine you make a new plugin specifically for this, with all the irrelevant synth stuff removed.

Although i think there could be some interesting things done using audio input for FM/AM in the standard Zerba 3..

Just a thought!

I'd be surprised if a Zebrify version of Zebra 3 wasn't on the roadmap.

I was thinking along similar lines, but more about using audio input for an envelope follower as a modulation source. A pitch-tracking envelope follower option could work like a keyfollow modulator, but for external using external audio vs. MIDI. Pitch following is comparatively easy for monophonic sounds, and even if it were "wrong" with polyphonic sounds or some mono sources it might still be quite useful.

Also, rather than a separate FX version, external audio could be a "noise" source type similar to Pigments. That way any instance could be an "FX version", a synth, or both! :)
viewtopic.php?p=8870898#p8870898

I dunno if you've ever used zebrify (comes with zebra 2 and uses the same DSP) but it does all the things you're talking about. It has various input analysis tools (envelope follower, pitch tracker, pitch/ noise detection) that are all available in the mod matrix and the standard drop-down menus for modulation. I'm almost 100% certain that u-He has said that there will be a " zebrify " version of z3.

Anyway, it's totally worth getting z2 now if you like all this stuff as it is already an amazing synth and fx plugin.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “u-he”