Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

robisme wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:01 am
Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 am If the sample isn't too long, just drag it onto the large editor. There are some cryptic options popping up, and it may take a few minutes. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
Is it a feature not available on Linux ? It doesn't work. (arch, Bitwig). Is there an import menu to workaround the non working drag and drop ?
oops, oh... yeah, Drag'n'Drop doesn't seem to work on Linux. Our team is going to try and figure out an alternative way...

I'm dreaming of a simple audio input from a bitwig track, arm, record and voilà...
This Zebralette is awesome, I can't imagine the extasis when discovering the full Zebra.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:06 am
robisme wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:01 am
Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 am If the sample isn't too long, just drag it onto the large editor. There are some cryptic options popping up, and it may take a few minutes. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
Is it a feature not available on Linux ? It doesn't work. (arch, Bitwig). Is there an import menu to workaround the non working drag and drop ?
oops, oh... yeah, Drag'n'Drop doesn't seem to work on Linux. Our team is going to try and figure out an alternative way...
Hi Urs, I tried to send you a pm, but it seems that's not an option here. I'm working on a polished UI for Zebralette and would be thrilled to get your feedback. Do you have another way I can reach you, perhaps through your website contact form? Alternatively, if you could send me a private message, I'd be happy to share a screenshot of it. Or am I allowed to post it here? Just let me know.. Thank you

Hi, unfortunately the only way I communicate directly is here, in public (I don't even do email anymore, nor FB/Twitter/..., for reasons). I don't mind if you post UI themes. In fact we encourage people to do them.

If you do not wish to post your ideas here, an email to support at u-he dot com will do, and the guys there will put it up on our internal coms. We discuss things and someone will send an answer (I also don't do our support ticket system, for reasons...).

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:30 pm Hi, unfortunately the only way I communicate directly is here, in public (I don't even do email anymore, nor FB/Twitter/..., for reasons). I don't mind if you post UI themes. In fact we encourage people to do them.

If you do not wish to post your ideas here, an email to support at u-he dot com will do, and the guys there will put it up on our internal coms. We discuss things and someone will send an answer (I also don't do our support ticket system, for reasons...).
Ah cool, thank you for the quick response :tu: I'll create a new thread then and post my screenshot right away.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:06 amoops, oh... yeah, Drag'n'Drop doesn't seem to work on Linux. Our team is going to try and figure out an alternative way...
Maybe?

https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/XDND/

Thanks for the Zebralette 3 beta, really nice stuff!

Any estimate on when the MPE, note expressions and Clap polyphonic modulations support might happen?

Beachboy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:44 pm ExportWav seems to export only 100 single cycles in a wavetable. Will there be an option to have up to 256 single cycles since Serum and others synths can import that amount? Maybe I overlooked something.
Would also appreciate this in Zebra3—256 single-cycle wavetables are optimal for use with the Dirtywave M8, as well.

Xenakios wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:01 pm Any estimate on when the MPE, note expressions and Clap polyphonic modulations support might happen?
We can't say right now, we first have to figure out how long it takes us to fix the most critical bugs that have been reported.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

As it concerns Reason for Organisation in the manner of separating issue threads --- Hmm, the way my antique derriere sees it, is that WE should be Nr1 Thankful :hug: for the public access beta of nearly ALL past-couple decades of U-he softs to the point (Nr 2) that all they request of us is to drop a line in the appropriate aforementioned threads (to make it EASY on THEM to sort). I truly feel it is very little to request for such generosity of sharing an unfinished product and each of our Voluntary involvement. So let's make it EASY on U-he by following the thread guidelines established in the first post :tu: Because, Nr 3... when it comes time to look over the reported issues they MAY miss one of the points that was dropped in the general announcement thread. That would be sad and that's probably WHY they divided it all up. If we have the energy to try out their new software Public Beta (i.e. we are Testing it for them...voluntarily), then we should muster the energy to report back appropriately. Sorry if that steps on toes. Just trying to help these generous folks out. We need this kind of organisation for them so they can expedite releasing more stuff to us on that long, at times shuffled list :hihi:

Guess that´s a feature "wish" vs. Zebra3:

ZL3 can create quite "spiky" High frequenzy content.
I´m personally all in for harsh, modern, high frequenzy heavy tones.( while NOT using any distortion)

Nevertheless, some onboard tame-ing options would be very welcome ! something like for a example:
a high shelf filter => with those control options =>
Velocity, Keyboardtracking. Both with minus Index values avaliable.
Or a MB comp. Maybe even just a highband Comp alone.

Again: thanks for the awesome work !....and "This" even as a free gift.

and:
+1 on the Zebralette3-plus request, as a payed ZL3 ;)
(for eample with just a dual OSC section, and not much more)

Funky40 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:57 pm Guess that´s a feature "wish" vs. Zebra3:

ZL3 can create quite "spiky" High frequenzy content.
I´m personally all in for harsh, modern, high frequenzy heavy tones.( while NOT using any distortion)

Nevertheless, some onboard tame-ing options would be very welcome ! something like for a example:
a high shelf filter => with those control options =>
Velocity, Keyboardtracking. Both with minus Index values avaliable.
Or a MB comp. Maybe even just a highband Comp alone.

If I understand your wish correctly, You can do all those things already.
You can use guides to cut or tame (scale) frequencies below a certain threshold or compress harmonics under modifier when using additive synthesis. You can use morphing to tame frequencies dynamically.

There’s also a filter you can assign controllers too, not too complex but this is Zebralette after all not Zebra 3.

But it’s all much better explained in Urs’ video a the beginning of the thread.

Fantastic instrument, one of a kind, and it’s not even buggy in beta.

aero+ wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 pm Fantastic instrument, one of a kind, and it’s not even buggy in beta.
We have a bug report thread that's already spanning eight pages. :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:13 am
aero+ wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 pm Fantastic instrument, one of a kind, and it’s not even buggy in beta.
We have a bug report thread that's already spanning eight pages. :wink:
I saw that, I wish I could contribute ;), but no bugs for me so far (famous last words and all that)

So here is a little teaser for the dark theme that's been requested so often...

Zebralette-3-dark-mode-WIP.jpg

Still WIP though, but I think we're on a good way 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he”