Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:34 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 pm What parameters are not automatable?
Turning mod slots on and off... and the matrix modifiers.
So, with some parameters one has to weigh cost vs benefit. In Hive, those automations would add 120+ more entries at the beginning of automation drop downs of some hosts. In Zebralette this would still add 60+ parameters there, which probably will hardly ever be used, if ever.
... MIDI Learn...?

- Mario

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:06 am
robisme wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:01 am
Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 am If the sample isn't too long, just drag it onto the large editor. There are some cryptic options popping up, and it may take a few minutes. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
Is it a feature not available on Linux ? It doesn't work. (arch, Bitwig). Is there an import menu to workaround the non working drag and drop ?
oops, oh... yeah, Drag'n'Drop doesn't seem to work on Linux. Our team is going to try and figure out an alternative way...
Hi,
I wanted to try Hive and figure what is a wavetable import, but seems it doesn't import wav file either in Linux. Would be nice to have a import menu to supplement the drag and drop feature.

In Hive, you put wavetables in the user folder of the wavetable location. Same on every platform.

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:34 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 pm What parameters are not automatable?
Turning mod slots on and off... and the matrix modifiers.
So, with some parameters one has to weigh cost vs benefit. In Hive, those automations would add 120+ more entries at the beginning of automation drop downs of some hosts. In Zebralette this would still add 60+ parameters there, which probably will hardly ever be used, if ever.
I agree with those choices. You asked the question and it made me curious so I checked :)

Cool presets, wanted more sounds. Great Synth. Loved it. Please share if you have good presets...

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:49 pm So here is a little teaser for the dark theme that's been requested so often...

Zebralette-3-dark-mode-WIP.jpg

Still WIP though, but I think we're on a good way 8)
I don't want it, I NEED IT!

It would be great if it was possible to change the sequence of effects with a simple drag and drop and be able to load more than two in the full zebra version. This would greatly expand the possibilities of experimentation.

Swapping is certainly an option we'll look into. More OscFX might not be overly necessary because Zebra 3 will have filter modules and all that.

Instant love. If this is any indication of what would become of Zebra 3, then I'm already in.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I just released some FREE Hardware inspired patches for Zebralette3 that provide some fun & room for experimentation. Available here~ https://www.benjaminhowell.work/store/p ... ntage-free (https://www.benjaminhowell.work/store/p/bh-zebralette3-vintage-free)

It's my first ever patch release, testing the waters for something bigger in Zl3 coming very soon.. :party:

-deleted-

Zebralette 3 is opening way too big for my 13" Macbook Pro. Just imagining I would still use my 11" Macbook Air...
In the Manual its covered, but why does it open on 100% though the plugin knows its too big? 100% is greyed out in the context menu...
And I did not find the MPE switch in the CLAP version. There is an MPE point in the PB range menu, but it does not turn it into MPE, pitch bend does not work...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:35 am And I did not find the MPE switch in the CLAP version.
Not MPE-ready yet, just some leftover setting there in the PB range selectors.
About the size, it can't auto-adjust, but changing the size in the preferences should fix that permanently for you (as you probably already know).

Thanks for the free beta :tu:

-fixed-

Return to “u-he”