Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

SteveElbows wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:51 am Even if you double the amount of time you think it will take, stuff can still happen to thwart original timescale estimates.
so true.

back when i was developing software, we used to say "double it AND raise it to the next order of magnitude" before announcing any timeline. :hihi:

the other running joke was: "the first 90% is the easy part. it's the last 90% that's hard". :lol:

the truth is that it is always better to under-promise and over-deliver, rather than the opposite.

JamminFool wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:56 am so true.

back when i was developing software, we used to say "double it AND raise it to the next order of magnitude" before announcing any timeline. :hihi:

the other running joke was: "the first 90% is the easy part. it's the last 90% that's hard". :lol:

the truth is that it is always better to under-promise and over-deliver, rather than the opposite.
The jokes work because they ring so true to anyone whose been in that position.

Its tempting to over-engineer another version of the joke about timescale estimates. eg hire more bitwise shift operators to help!

:hihi: :clap:

Urs wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:52 am As for being able to afford it - no worries, even though our last release of a really new plug-in was 5+ years ago (Twangström, January 2019), our catalog is strong enough to bring us through this time.
It’s well deserved and a very good thing ! Great synths need time to be conceived and developed.

Please make a dark theme, too :D

okmog wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:15 pm Please make a dark theme, too :D
It's in the making. See here: viewtopic.php?t=607153&start=344

Have any of you found in the new KVR Studio Manager plugin (which has been very helpful to me to clean up some of my older plugins as I've been having Cubase start-up issues), that it is saying Zebralette3 installed version is 0.0.1 and the Available version is 2.9.3? I'm assuming this is an issue with the plugin database, and not that there is a more recent version of this beta.

This oscillator sounds amazing. I can't wait for MPE support, and ultimately for Zebra3.

Thanks.

terminalbliss wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:41 pm Have any of you found in the new KVR Studio Manager plugin (which has been very helpful to me to clean up some of my older plugins as I've been having Cubase start-up issues), that it is saying Zebralette3 installed version is 0.0.1 and the Available version is 2.9.3?
2.9.3 must be Zebralette 2

Updated the user guide download link in the first post. Still WIP, of course.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

ZonderP wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:23 pm
okmog wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:15 pm Please make a dark theme, too :D
It's in the making. See here: viewtopic.php?t=607153&start=344
Holy sh*tsnacks that looks great.

mabian wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:33 am I hardly believe that a company can afford to just say "when it's ready"...
You mean they will miss out on all the sales of this free plugin they are releasing?

Hi

automation with ableton for all parameters would be great. For me this is what its missing in Zebralette 3 otherwise its just awsome been using it a lot on a few tracks you can create some pretty mental sounds with it. Im a heavy automator as it just needs this.

What parameters are not automatable?

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 pm What parameters are not automatable?
Turning mod slots on and off... and the matrix modifiers.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 pm What parameters are not automatable?
Turning mod slots on and off... and the matrix modifiers.
So, with some parameters one has to weigh cost vs benefit. In Hive, those automations would add 120+ more entries at the beginning of automation drop downs of some hosts. In Zebralette this would still add 60+ parameters there, which probably will hardly ever be used, if ever.

Return to “u-he”