Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:49 pm So here is a little teaser for the dark theme that's been requested so often...

Zebralette-3-dark-mode-WIP.jpg

Still WIP though, but I think we're on a good way 8)
Nice!

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:49 pm So here is a little teaser for the dark theme that's been requested so often...

Need the wooden side panels (not jk btw)

As Always,... Big Thanks :pray: for the ever helpful beta User Guide, Howie :hug: You guys have made waveset (and GUIDE)-editing FUN (and edumacational at the same time -- learning tonnes about waveshaping that I was too impatient for before)... Now it's actually a simple pleasure. Guides are Awesome btw. I like how they are implemented to be multi-purpose!
0B5D9C32-F7F6-42F0-A1AC-5FFC574D3490.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Someone please take the magic pony that is the Curve Filter away from me so I can learn the other fx... :help:

Yes, very nice 👌🏻👌🏻

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I installed this ok on my personal PC (Windows 10), but on my work machine (Windows 11), the installer looks like this:
Image (https://postimg.cc/nsdLgz4f)
(No plugins.)

radian wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:10 pm I installed this ok on my personal PC (Windows 10), but on my work machine (Windows 11), the installer looks like this:
Please try downloading it again, maybe directly from your Windows 11 computer.
I have never seen something like this, maybe the installer file got corrupted somehow during download or during transfer from one computer to the other.
Also make sure to actually unzip the file before starting the installer.
Don't just open the archive and run the installer from there. This can never work.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

were is it?

I might be late to follow the Email i have gotten from u-he with the invitation, but I neither see a message that the beta has ended, nor an actual download link somewere here as a header, pinned post, not in the very first message of this thread.

I must be missing something, but dont understand what.

hennsensen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:04 pm were is it?

I might be late to follow the Email i have gotten from u-he with the invitation, but I neither see a message that the beta has ended, nor an actual download link somewere here as a header, pinned post, not in the very first message of this thread.

I must be missing something, but dont understand what.

Download links are in the first message of this thread, underneath the video.

FYI, I did not see that this thread had download links on the first page, so I went to the u-he website to download it from there. I found a page that says "zebralette: free download for windows", but when I download what is there I get the Zebra2/legacy installer and it asks for a serial number.
https://u-he.com/products/zebralette/

I did find the links on the first page, & I manged to get that installer. Just wanted to point that out.

Probably because Zebralette 3 is in beta right now and not an official product release while Zebralette (2) is an official product release.

Olnium wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:24 pm Download links are in the first message of this thread, underneath the video.
Sorry, I was confused by the reverse ordering of the forum... I rarely use it and just came because I received an email from u-he with a link, but it didn't lead me to that post viewtopic.php?p=8850277#p8850277

All of this is definitely awesome, but I'd like to know... is there any estimation - even rough - of when the beta is expected to become a release?

I hardly believe that a company can afford to just say "when it's ready"...

mabian wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:33 am All of this is definitely awesome, but I'd like to know... is there any estimation - even rough - of when the beta is expected to become a release?

Its entirely reasonable and sensible to say 'when its ready' until quite shortly before its actually released. Because software development timescales are notoriously hard to predict, especially because what developers perceive with conviction to be 'the final 10%' often turns out to take way longer than expected. And when it comes to betas, a large point in offering them is to get users to discover bugs, and until you have a good picture of how many bugs exist and their nature and cause, you cant predict when they will all be eliminated. And sometimes when you squash some bugs, you accidentally create new ones.

With my own modest development efforts over the years, I've found it very hard to eliminate that issue. Even if you double the amount of time you think it will take, stuff can still happen to thwart original timescale estimates. The only way I've found to really bypass that issue is either to not say anything about the product or release date until its actually pretty much actually finished, or to compromise on quality by treating the release date as more important than hitting all feature, polish & bug squashing milestones.
Last edited by SteveElbows on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

mabian wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:33 am All of this is definitely awesome, but I'd like to know... is there any estimation - even rough - of when the beta is expected to become a release?

Well, this is what it is though. We won't release it unless it's in a finished state. Our backlog has grown by about 50 tickets (bugs, issues, feature wishes, quirks...) since the release of this beta.

When we put it out we estimated 6 months. I think that's realistic.

As for being able to afford it - no worries, even though our last release of a really new plug-in was 5+ years ago (Twangström, January 2019), our catalog is strong enough to bring us through this time.

Return to “u-he”