Zebralette 3 Spline Editor & UX Discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:45 am Again, if someone had some pointers on how software like Adobe Illustrator or Affinity Designer is made accessible towards visually impaired people, I'd happily pass that on to the team.
While visual design software is very different than sound design software, even Adobe makes their software complaint with EU and US disability laws.
Adobe Usability
...We’ve incorporated hundreds of accessibility capabilities into our tools, like Speech to Text in Premiere Pro, Text to Image generation in Adobe Firefly, and the PDF Accessibility Auto-tag API in Acrobat. These features help increase inclusion so people with disabilities can experience these tools with power, precision, and ease of use.
https://www.adobe.com/trust/accessibility.html

Your team can reach out to the JUCE forum for help with accessibility in audio software.

From a quick glance, these are all not accessibility improvements for visually impaired or blind people. I do not see any pointer to or mention of accessibility functions for visually impaired people in Illustrator or Photoshop.

As I said before, it's a whole different project. It is not going to happen before Zebralette 3 gets released, and probably also not within the next 2-4 years.

We will bring improved keyboard control to our software relatively soon, but we do not at this point of time have any roadmap at all in regards to binding this to the operating system's accessibility functions. We simply do not have the manpower and financial background of companies like Izotope, Adobe or apparently Pace, which owns JUCE.

The manual lists a number of shortcut keys (such as 'G' to cycle through Guide curves). These work as long as the OS/DAW does not capture the keyboard, which is my case. Would it be possible/make sense/acceptable to use MIDI CC for controlling UI functions? That would allow for the use of apps such as TouchOSC on a tablet to program shortcuts. Perhaps this is already foreseen by MIDI 2.0 (I don't know enough about MIDI 2), however, MIDI 2.0 support in DAWs is generally not quite ready yet (?) - this could be available much sooner?

Return to “u-he”