Zebralette 3 Spline Editor & UX Discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C.Ray wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:59 am Hi. I think the snap to grid moves too easily compared to other editor grids. IMO. thanks!
Does it snap too easily or is it too difficult to hit the snap area?

What do you compare it to? I haven't had Photoshop or Illustrator open in ages... might give them a try.

First. sorry for the double reply. I forgot where i posted this and reposted in the wavetable thread. It moves too easily from a snaped area and is easily skipped over a snap area IMO. Other editor I've used maybe all. lol but Sytrus comes to mind ATM.

I like the snapping strength where it is.

Where I have difficulty is when I want to set the point close to the grid. On the X axis, one can zoom, but zooming is not possible on the Y axis. In some cases, I cannot set the Y axis value where I want cause it snaps.

You can switch snapping off...

(I'm also thinking about micro-shifting points vertically via key commands... gotta try that)

Oh and not quite a bug, but the osc editor and mseg editor UX could do with a bit of tlc.

The switch between the two, top-left corner, looks like tabs, but then it flips the two names, which is pretty confusing.

And while the EXIT button is big and yellow, it takes a minute to find it since it's outside the "page". It'd be better inside the page/work area - a small X in a circle in top-right corner would be a lot more rational. Or something in the bottom-right corner.

sveinbjorn wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:22 pm And while the EXIT button is big and yellow, it takes a minute to find it since it's outside the "page". It'd be better inside the page/work area - a small X in a circle in top-right corner would be a lot more rational. Or something in the bottom-right corner.
I was expecting this to be in the same place as the osc or MSEG 'edit' button on the main page - clicking once would open the editor, clicking again would exit. That would definitely be more intuitive - you have to hunt around at the moment.
(and yes, I know you could commit the positions to memory or read the manual etc, but when you work with hundreds of tracks, dozens of plugins in a session (and multiple sessions!) it makes a huge difference when the various different plugins are designed as intuitively as possible

I have a question.
Why output curve(blue curve at background) appears smaller than a curve actual I drew? (White curve at front)
I'm sure that features related to curve are work fine of course.
But I was confused when I editing new osc curves with guide curves because of that two curves doesn't matched.
Especially ScaleAbove, ScaleBelow, CutAbove,CutBelow.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

I think that's because the plot would take a lot more CPU if it was full size.

Hmm I thought it just graphical issue, not CPU.
How about offers a option to hide actual output waveform instead of matching these two curves?
If so, users can be focus on just two curves - guide curve and morph curve.
It would be helpful for calculating cut and scale transform.

yes, a CPU saving and less eye-straining "off" setting for the graph is somewhere on our endless list of future improvements.

Urs wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:12 am yes, a CPU saving and less eye-straining "off" setting for the graph is somewhere on our endless list of future improvements.
Thank you for reply :)

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:58 am We're absolutely not against any form of indication that a knob or slider is targeted by *something*. Just not balls in orbit of knobs or other kinds of hectic stress factors.

Instead, we are thinking about various novel ways to help people understand patches. Like, the ability to quickly probe audio from any module, or even visual overlays that momentarily show all modulation assignments.
In my opinion, probing audio or control data is a lot of overhead. I would prefer a quicker, visual way like an overlay.

Or what about to show only the resulting modulation of all modulators as a single "ring/dot" around the control? And when you hover the control you see a pop-up with an amount control for all used modulators of this control.

Pigment does it like this and I think it works great.

Urs wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:12 am yes, a CPU saving and less eye-straining "off" setting for the graph is somewhere on our endless list of future improvements.
Speaking about eye-strain. For me, the colors used are generally a bit eye-straining. I reported it some weeks ago but my impression has not changed in the meantime. I don't get on so well with the blue font on medium gray. The average impression of the ui it that it's quite bright. It's just the colors, otherwise the whole design looks great!

If it stays like this, is it an idea to add another theme with different colors?

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:23 pm If it stays like this, is it an idea to add another theme with different colors?
There'll be a dark them. I posted a draft somewhere, probably in there main thread a week ago or two.

That sounds great. I like that it's not too dark and looks balanced. I don't like themes that are too bright or too dark. The middle ground is what works best for me.

Here is the link in case someone else is interested.
viewtopic.php?p=8858811#p8858811

Return to “u-he”