Zebralette 3 Wavetable Engine Discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you export a wave from Zebralette 3 and import into WaveEdit for Modwave,
it seems it does not capture the entire morph length, as WaveEdit expects 64 slices
and I have heard that Zebralette 3 has a different number than 64.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 pm
MorpherX wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:48 pm Import of Hive-Wavetables doesn't work !
It's planned (but not yet implemented, thus not 100% confirmed) for Zebra 3, not for Zebralette.

The other way around works quite well though. You can export wavetables made in Zebralette to Hive (or Serum).

zaphod betamax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 am If you export a wave from Zebralette 3 and import into WaveEdit for Modwave,
it seems it does not capture the entire morph length, as WaveEdit expects 64 slices
IIRC, Zebralette 3 has 101 frames on export (0-100)

buing wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:41 am I think unmorph curve option would be nice. When I add or edit new curve, it's always interpolated smoothly and automatically, as you know it's named Curve Morph in Zebralette.
A little experiment:
Load "Basic Shapes", set its CurveMorph to 50 (double-click on the central sine wave). Modulate 'CurveMorph' in the matrix (i.e. not locally) by LFO 2, click on Q and set it to "steps of 10", turn the amount up to 50.

EDIT: Actually, that's not quite right... will experiment more!

I found a workaround that works great. Just set what you want as the last morph wave
at the 63 position and when you export to WaveEdit this ends up as the last position
without any fancy conversion.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:48 am
zaphod betamax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 am If you export a wave from Zebralette 3 and import into WaveEdit for Modwave,
IIRC, Zebralette 3 has 101 frames on export (0-100)

MorpherX wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:48 pm Import of Hive-Wavetables doesn't work !
It's planned (but not yet implemented, thus not 100% confirmed) for Zebra 3, not for Zebralette.

The other way around works quite well though. You can export wavetables made in Zebralette to Hive (or Serum).
I remeber 1 year ago, Mr. "U-He" promised that Zebralette 3 will become an editor for Hive (and Serum) wavetables. Especially for Hive owners.

I hope it becomes true, because I normally don`t like to use only for wavetable-editing the big Zebra3, even if I can get it for free ( bought Zebra and Zebra HZ).

MorpherX wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 pm

I remeber 1 year ago, Mr. "U-He" promised that Zebralette 3 will become an editor for Hive (and Serum) wavetables. Especially for Hive owners.

I hope it becomes true, because I normally don`t like to use only for wavetable-editing the big Zebra3, even if I can get it for free ( bought Zebra and Zebra HZ).
Misunderstanding maybe?

You can use Zebralette to make Hive wavetables. That's what I said it would do.

You can't however use Hive wavetables in Zebralette directly. That's a different thing.

Hehehe, I guess there's a common misconception that Zebralette 3 - which *exports* wavetables as a byproduct - was somehow also a tool that imports and manages wavetables...?

^ I never explored the import functionality until the above videos, as I was not aware of it.
Having played with Zebralette 3 Beta for a few days I do find it creates a wonderful sine synch with the built-in tools.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:54 am Hehehe, I guess there's a common misconception that Zebralette 3 - which *exports* wavetables as a byproduct - was somehow also a tool that imports and manages wavetables...?
Zebralette3 as editor for Hive-Wavetables means of course importing somehow Hive-Wavetables into Zebralette3 (or later Zebra3).

This would makes it usefull to many user because they all have many Hive- or Serum-Tables which could then be transformed into something new.
I have thousands of wavetables which are only waiting for Zebra(lette) 3.

For other programs' import Audio-term is accepted in both single cycle or wave whether the
Type 3 Audioterm *.wav or Type 10 Serum *.wav.
*It also has no problem accepting WaveEdit for Modwave Serum *.wavs as well.
*For waveedit you have to limit the sweep from 0-63 as it will throw away 64-100,
but this is a simple thing to setup in Z3B!

More importantly for me, the basic tools for creating wavelets or waveforms are quite wonderful
in Zebralette 3 Beta. Tonight I made a great PWM String patch completely in Z3B and ported to
Modwave.

A nice groovy tool to go along with Audioterm and Waveedit for wavetable generation.

****** Five stars!

MorpherX wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:21 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:54 am Hehehe, I guess there's a common misconception that Zebralette 3 - which *exports* wavetables as a byproduct - was somehow also a tool that imports and manages wavetables...?
Zebralette3 as editor for Hive-Wavetables means of course importing somehow Hive-Wavetables into Zebralette3 (or later Zebra3).

This would makes it usefull to many user because they all have many Hive- or Serum-Tables which could then be transformed into something new.
I have thousands of wavetables which are only waiting for Zebra(lette) 3.

Howard wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:22 am
buing wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:41 am I think unmorph curve option would be nice. When I add or edit new curve, it's always interpolated smoothly and automatically, as you know it's named Curve Morph in Zebralette.
A little experiment:
Load "Basic Shapes", set its CurveMorph to 50 (double-click on the central sine wave). Modulate 'CurveMorph' in the matrix (i.e. not locally) by LFO 2, click on Q and set it to "steps of 10", turn the amount up to 50.

EDIT: Actually, that's not quite right... will experiment more!
Thank you so much! :)
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

Also, the Posterize OscFX can be used to "freeze" the current waveform until the next trigger.

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:28 am Also, the Posterize OscFX can be used to "freeze" the current waveform until the next trigger.
That's useful tip, I will try it later, thanks!
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

zaphod betamax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:26 am For other programs' import Audio-term is accepted in both single cycle or wave whether the
Type 3 Audioterm *.wav or Type 10 Serum *.wav.
*It also has no problem accepting WaveEdit for Modwave Serum *.wavs as well.
*For waveedit you have to limit the sweep from 0-63 as it will throw away 64-100,
but this is a simple thing to setup in Z3B!

A nice groovy tool to go along with Audioterm and Waveedit for wavetable generation.

****** Five stars!

MorpherX wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:21 pm
Audioterm is a non-professional toy.
Single cycles have 63 samples and not 2048- There are only 32 slots and not 256.
If you create a Serum-Table with audioterm everything (single cycles and slots) are only multiplied to fit the size of serumtables. The quality of such wavetables is very very poor ( the level of PPG Wave 2.2/2.3).
Therefore I will never use such a nonesense because everything I do and use is professional.
The only Watetable-Editor which comes nearly close to a professional tool is the Wavetable-Editor inside Serum. But this editor only works on a singles cycle level and not not over the hole Wavetable. But Vital has a Wavetable-Editor which only edits over the wavetable as a hole. This means first editing in Serum then in Vital, if necessary.
I am really wondering why no one in the world has released a good and comprehensive wavetable-editor as an own app. (with 2048 sample single cycles and 256 frames)
Last edited by MorpherX on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “u-he”