Zebralette 3 Oscillator Effects Discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GruvSyco wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:55 pm Are oscillator fx serial? I had always assumed parallel.
Easy to check. Put anything in the first slot and filter in the second. If bringing the filter all the way down silences the signal it's serial (I'm pretty sure that's what happens).

Concerning the user manual it's serial.

I’d probably do well to crack a manual once in a while. Thanks.

Prev/next buttons on the osxfx selector would be great. Just an air either side. Reduces time and cursor movement if somebody wants to cycle through the different options.

wilx wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:48 am Prev/next buttons on the osxfx selector would be great. Just an air either side. Reduces time and cursor movement if somebody wants to cycle through the different options.
+1

but the scrollwheel (or 2finger drag with trackpad) does work well
note: would be nice if the scroll behaviour would be less sensitiv
i.e.: a little bit longer drag/scroll-way for scrolling...

add major and minor to spectral focus on osc fx! one of my all time wnated synth fx. and add a resonater osc fx. :)

just wanna tune in and say i f**k with the curve filter!!! i look forward what other osc fx u guys come up with regardless if it comes to this or zebra 3, have u guys ever thought about releasing a middle ground betweeen this a zebra 3? i dunno anything about zebra 3. But i know that allot of people love zebraletté cause its so simple, is there any chance there is gonna come a zebralette pro? with 2 osc and 2 mseg?

Ben.juodvalkis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:53 pm This makes me think of the info view in Live, or the cool build-in help view in Bigwig. A section of the interface which explains whatever you're touching with the mouse.

I think that could be really handy
If going that route, I'd highly recommend reverse-engineering the advanced AI assistant integrated into Digitalis from Aberrant DSP -- I challenge anyone to come up with a more useful AI implementation, there's nothing else like it:

Digitalis AI.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

would love too see more styles of unison like shimmer, random, classic, futuristic. also inscale pitchglide mode that only glides through notes in maj/min.

this is the most sudden synth to drop out of nowhere and get me hyped!

sauceversace wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:17 pm add major and minor to spectral focus on osc fx! one of my all time wnated synth fx. and add a resonater osc fx. :)
Hmmm, out of the top of my head, I don't know if an overtone series can really represent minor or major chords relative to the fundamental frequency.

We do however have an idea for another OscFX that allows for chord creation in the vicinity of an octave up or two. Like, one would need to pitch the oscillator down to play the chord in tune.

The spectral decay effect seems to sound different when using a guide vs a curve, even when both are exactly the same. The resulting sound is brighter when using a guide. Is this intentional?

Nope, that would be a bug. Can you attach a preset where switching between Guide and Curve Set changes the result in that way?

easynam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am The spectral decay effect seems to sound different when using a guide vs a curve, even when both are exactly the same.
Ha, thanks, it's easily reproducible, have already created a ticket in our system to look into it.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:08 am
sauceversace wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:17 pm add major and minor to spectral focus on osc fx! one of my all time wnated synth fx. and add a resonater osc fx. :)
Hmmm, out of the top of my head, I don't know if an overtone series can really represent minor or major chords relative to the fundamental frequency.

We do however have an idea for another OscFX that allows for chord creation in the vicinity of an octave up or two. Like, one would need to pitch the oscillator down to play the chord in tune.
a chord OscFx sounds super cool! I'm all for it!
just wanna say that my idea about boosting tones in scale and cutting tones out of scale doesnt need to be Spectral Focus, it can be an OscFx in itself, I promise it sounds very good and modern, that effect is used allot in all type of EDM with COLOR in its name.

and i come up with an insane new idea that i haven't seen before in a synth. and that is spectral focus filter, so u can gradually remove Odd, Even, fundamentals and octaves from the frequency spectrum from left or right, like lo.cut and Hi-cut.!!!! Im hyped about that idea! 8)

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:08 am

Oh it certainly can! A major chord is found already at harmonics number 4:5:6, though you don't get anything like a minor chord over (over a power of two) until 16:19:24. You could emphasize those harmonics (and their octaves) and de-emphasize others, and it would definitely emphasize the minor vs major feel. Maybe start the major one from 16:20:24 to make major vs. minor more consistent.

Of course, the chords would not sound exactly as they do in equal temperament (though the minor one is pretty close). But that's fine, people emphasize overtone series major thirds with filters often, even in 12-equal songs. And it sounds great!

Return to “u-he”