Zebralette 3 Oscillator Effects Discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebralette 3's oscillator effects can be quite nerdy (in the best possible way).

Post all your questions, impressions, improvement requests or ideas for additional effects here.

If you find actual bugs, please report them in the Bug Report Thread.
If you want to watch the overview video or need to look something up in the user guide, you can find these resources in the Zebralette 3 Announcement Thread.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I think the OSC FX could benefit from something like this where there is a description of what each one does next to it's name (obviously I'm just being silly in my descriptions). The idea is to keep folks out of the manual or wondering what something is based on it's name alone.

This mock up is just a proof of concept and this could certainly be done more nicely with an internal mini-browser in a modal window, but I just used the Windows OS dialog because I'm no theme designer and that's what's currently there.

This makes me think of the info view in Live, or the cool build-in help view in Bigwig. A section of the interface which explains whatever you're touching with the mouse.

I think that could be really handy

Ben.juodvalkis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:53 pm This makes me think of the info view in Live, or the cool build-in help view in Bigwig. A section of the interface which explains whatever you're touching with the mouse.

I think that could be really handy
I can't get enough of this kind of thing. When you have deadlines galore, the more intuitive design, the better (even if it can seem a bit hand-holdy).

I've got an Oscillator-related phase-mode request/impulse: a 'MIDI 1.0 stack' mode if you will. Explanation:

As a Dub/Techno artist, I'm using a lot of complex chords. As a 90s hardware user, I always wondered why plugins tend to sport this rashy, abbrasive high-end. Especially in conjunction with saw-waves/rich overtones. Resulting in a True Peak spike nightmare when the top end isn't filtered, but elevated (I'm talking about excess peaks of up to 10db here). Whereas a lot of the hardware synths didn't have the issue to this extend. Eg JD-800, ProphetVS and the likes.

It lately dawned on me that playing a chord via physical MIDI delays each note by at least 0.66ms. Which measurably affects how the peaks of waveforms sum. Resulting in less overlapping peaks (Not being summed in a sampling rate bottleneck probably helped, too?).

I mean, there must be some way to tame this top-end situation with a clever algorithm?
Highpassed complex c-minor, 6 notes—you don't wanna boost that for the sake of aesthetics. Semi useful example, because of fx, but you hopefully get the idea of the VST unobtanium I mean?

I've got an entire community of producers who'd welcome if a developer finally came up with a solution for this :)
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

This is the first time I’ve heard someone mentioning dub-techno uses complex chords
Minor 7th -some inversions and ……done :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Feature request:

- Swap osc FX, context menu or so, so you can swap slot 1 with 2. Could be simply an additional entry in the current menu. This also including attached modulation of course. So not trivial, but smart.

Very cool free synth. i wish to see legacy fx added that are not to be seen on the list like "odd and even".
would be very nice to see a 3rd osc fx slot, because the synth has no filter itself. and other creative use cases.
would love to see more saturation, and a clipper module, and a resonator that has major and minor scales module.
performance optimization very important tried on older mac and new mac both chug cpu. just saying. i know this is early and everything. but u ask.

also could be cool to see spring reverb in addtion to delay and reverb. pithched delay, and ducking for delay and reverb.
also chorus/flanger/Phaser and Lofi warble/stereo warble with different pitch variations (thumbs up). drop-outs. and resample rate.

also new themes, some more passionate themes, and i would personally love a space theme with grey yellow blue red white. inspired by reason.

also more detune voice modes like chords, random, shimmer.

sauceversace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:13 pm i wish to see legacy fx added that are not to be seen on the list like "odd and even".
Looks like Spectral Focus combines Odd for Even, Registerizer and Fundamental

sauceversace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:13 pm would love to see more saturation, and a clipper module, and a resonator that has major and minor scales module.
All your feature suggestions will be for Zebra 3 and not a free synth :hihi:

+ 1 for swappable oscillator fx

plus

I'd like to have On/Off switches on the oscillator fx, like for the slots in the mod matrix. I often select "none" for an fx to hear/compare what it does. a switch would be nicer.

uhoenig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:35 am a switch would be nicer.
+1

Are oscillator fx serial? I had always assumed parallel.

A dedicated filter and saturation that is not a osc fx, that u can flip what comes first.

a way to choose between serial, or parralell on osc fx.

Return to “u-he”