Zebralette 3 Bug Reports

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:06 am Ah apologies again, I thought it was PT logs you were after.
No problem. That's why I pointed to the first post in this thread a couple of times. It explains exactly what to do if that AAX scan crash happens.
Glad it's working for you now. The problem won't reappear, as it was a crash during the scanning of the plugin at startup. Now that Pro Tools successfully scanned the plugin, it won't try to scan it again.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:26 am
fabienaurejac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:48 pm Bug Report: Crackling and glitches when playing synchronized notes (only in this case) with the preset named "beat machine".
Cannot reproduce this over here, on an M1 Silicon Mac using Logic in Sonoma.
But I'm not sure what exactly you mean with "playing synchronized notes".
Would you be able to post an example Logic project file that demonstrates the issue?
I meant simultaneously + high velocity notes.
here is a test project + a screen capture with a sample rate error + a sound record
https://www.laplumesurlatoile.com/Zebralette-test.zip

fabienaurejac wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:19 pm I meant simultaneously + high velocity notes.
here is a test project + a screen capture with a sample rate error + a sound record
What you are experiencing is caused by a CPU overload, the preset playing this MIDI clip simply maxes out one of your CPU cores.

You are using the Osmose in MPE mode, but we neither have finished implementing MPE yet, nor do we support a special MPE mono mode. This means that currently monophonic presets can be played polyphonically with an MPE controller.
Additionally you are playing the same note multiple times by stacking MIDI notes on top of each other. That's why your CPU maxes out.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

ok, that's clear to me !

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:37 pm
fabienaurejac wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:19 pm I meant simultaneously + high velocity notes.
What you are experiencing is caused by a CPU overload, the preset playing this MIDI clip simply maxes out one of your CPU cores.

You are using the Osmose in MPE mode, but we neither have finished implementing MPE yet, nor do we support a special MPE mono mode. This means that currently monophonic presets can be played polyphonically with an MPE controller.
Additionally you are playing the same note multiple times by stacking MIDI notes on top of each other. That's why your CPU maxes out.
The stacking is not voluntary, that's the way for now Logic records notes for the Osmose, I'll try to find out why...
Edit : found : I was recording thru all interfaces that implies Osmose 1 and 2, and the Osmose sent to both. Sorry for the report, then (still familiarizing with the osmose since I got it a few time ago)... And hope you will implement the MPE soon ! I'll be happy to pay for the full version (Zebra 3 I mean) when it will be released.

LFO: rand glide RESTART: sync or single

The LFO restarts with every new note. Is this a bug?

Windows 10, Clap Rev 15573, Bitwig 5.1.2

Curve Geometry; why not call this Curve Waveform - that's what it is.

jooster wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:40 pm Curve Geometry; why not call this Curve Waveform - that's what it is.
I think I chose "Curve Geometry" and "Curve Spectrum" as a mental link for sound designers who are used to Zebra2, where there is "GeoMorph" and "SpectroMorph" as their equivalents.

yeah, I figured as much. On the other hand, the manual immediately describes geometry as waveform and refers to the term waveform many more times than geometry. Nit picky engineer in me says; now is the time to break away from that term :-D

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:30 am
drzhnn wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:48 am Dragging a wav file into the Zebralette doesn't work on Linux. Simply nothing happens.
Sorry, should have mentioned that in the known issues.
We don't support drag&drop on Linux (we tried and failed miserably), so this feature is currently unavailable on Linux.
We'll have to think about alternative methods to load .wav files on Linux, e.g. through a menu.
Loading through a menu would be great. Wonderful synth, Thanks u-he

Crash with clicking to switch to the next preset. FL Studio 21.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quick crash report in Renoise. Funnily enough, the UI seemed to load ok (maybe refreshed itself automatically?) but I still got the crash report popping up behind the plugin window. Not sure how much there's much to be learned from this but a crash is a crash.

Renoise 64bit 3.4.2
Windows 10 22H2
VST3 Rev 15573
44.1kHz / 512

2024-02-25 13_29_27-Renoise.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Crash when loading plugin in a current project.

* Cubase 13.0.21
* Windows 10 on Ryzen 3950x
* VST3 REV 15573
* Sample rate 44100 / 128 samples

e-musician wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:13 pm [...]
Also tried to test Zebralette 3 in Unify but didn't succeed because opening Zebralette 3 immediately leads to a crash.
What I wrote above referred to the Unify standalone version.

Funny finding yesterday: When I use Unify as a plugin inside of NanoHost (which itself cannot load any VST3 plugins), and then load Zebralette 3 into the Unify plugin, Zebralette does not crash at all but is rather stable.

Hope this observation is helpful.

WIN 10 - Unify 1.11.1/320 - sample rate and audio buffer size: 44.1kHz / 128 and 256 samples (tried both)

hi i found a bug, when i turn the spectral distortion mod, the volume of the OSC turns as well
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “u-he”