Where to buy or get vocals, if you cannot record them?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where to buy or get vocals, if you cannot record them?

Yes, I know sample packs are obvious, but you're going to be using the same samples as someone else eventually.

Any source for custom vocals at reasonable prices?

PS: Surprised that I couldn't find this question using the search.

Check Fiverr maybe.

vocalizr, soundbetter, vandalismn premium samples

https://www.voicemod.net/text-to-song/

2024. You have to love it.

Are you a shut-in? Afraid of other humans? No friends?

You're a musician.
Musicians work with other musicians.
Find some.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:28 pm Are you a shut-in? Afraid of other humans? No friends?

You're a musician.
Find some.
No, it is more about funds and lack of equipment.

jamcat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:28 pm Are you a shut-in? Afraid of other humans? No friends?

You're a musician.
Find some.
What a mean comment. Shame on you.

@soundmodel: take a look to https://dreamtonics.com/synthesizerv/, invest little money and get the perfect voices for all your needs.

+1 for Fiverr, I've got some great results from people on Fiverr (albeit Guitar, Trumpet etc).
Have you tried collab sites like Kompoz?
Other than that there are places like Vocalfy that have vocal stems, some are exclusive.

soundmodel wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:43 am

You're a musician.
Find some.
No, it is more about funds and lack of equipment.
When you have a band you don’t pay the other members unless you’re all playing paying gigs as a band. You do it for the experience and because you’re musicians who enjoy making music with other musicians.

If you’re not doing that, you’re sort of missing the whole point of being a musician.

A singer just needs a microphone, and they should probably own one already. An SM58 costs $99.

I don't think anyone who knows their worth will work for less than $40/hour or something + a studio.

soundmodel wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:37 am I don't think anyone who knows their worth will work for less than $40/hour or something + a studio.
People will collaborate for the fun of it (I've sung on many things over the years), but you've got to have something that people will want to work on first.

You're a musician.
Find some.
Some of the worst joy-sucking times I had making music was with other musicians. So no, we don't have to work with other musicians. That's one of the joys of electronic stuff and modern methods - we don't have to go anywhere near a band and we don't have to compromise anything just to stop the drummer or guitarist having a tantrum. While YOU may like working with other musicians, it is not a requirement for anybody, thank f**k. Good luck to the many that do enjoy other musicians, but I think if I'd had to go on making music with other people I might have just given it up as a miserable job.

To the OP, have you tried playing with vocoders and/or other sw e.g. autotune etc for vocals. It's one way of getting original vocals, sang how you want, and even if you can't sing then the vocoder puts it in tune for you. The downside is that it rarely sounds natural like a real singer. Dpends on what you want out of vocals. For a proper singy song then outside of samples, unfortunately you will need a real singer.

kritikon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:40 am Some of the worst joy-sucking times I had making music was with other musicians.
Sure, everyone who has ever worked with others has had that experience at one time or another. Those are the bands/sessions that you leave.

But you will also never have a better, more rewarding experience as a musician than when it’s working. And if you’ve never given yourself that experience, you have missed out on what making music is really all about, and has been in every culture for thousands of years. It is at its very heart a social activity and communal experience where people connect on a deeper level than is possible with mere communication. It builds community and camaraderie.

Civilization itself may not even exist were it not for making music and beer together.

kritikon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:40 amTo the OP, have you tried playing with vocoders and/or other sw e.g. autotune etc for vocals. It's one way of getting original vocals, sang how you want, and even if you can't sing then the vocoder puts it in tune for you. The downside is that it rarely sounds natural like a real singer. Dpends on what you want out of vocals. For a proper singy song then outside of samples, unfortunately you will need a real singer.
Ehh, tbh I once tried to turn my male voice to a beautiful female voice. It was successful for some part, but it took so much effort in editing that it's not worth it.

Formant filters, pitch up, and loads of EQ to reduce the maleish parts.

Return to “Production Techniques”