Scandinavian alphabets mnotepad?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

How to get Scandinavian alphabets to melda mnotepad?

Yeah, that's interesting. I just switched to using US-International QWERTY and special characters like ö, ù, ê aren't possible. This would make writing in Spanish, for example, impossible; these aren't all spanish characters, they're just ones I tried to make in MNotepad.

Interestingly, Vojtěch's name is almost impossible to write without making a registry edit in windows because it's impossible to enter the unicode character without it (e caron).

"me thinking why these people needs so many characters to write stuff" :hihi:

accents.jpg

Works fine here with 15.02. Xubuntu 22.04, Bitwig Linux. I'd expect the same for 16.11.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frankie.T wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 am "me thinking why these people needs so many characters to write stuff" :hihi:
Tones. Tones carry meanings. Just like music, a soft D# will mean something else than a heavy D#. It can get funny when blabbering some Chinese.

mevla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:58 pm accents.jpg

Works fine here with 15.02. Xubuntu 22.04, Bitwig Linux. I'd expect the same for 16.11.
Yeah, definitely does not work on Windows 11 in reaper with v16.11.

Frankie.T wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 am "me thinking why these people needs so many characters to write stuff" :hihi:
Papá is dad, papa is potato.

Hexspa wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:07 am
Is this your language? where are you from? I'm curious cause we say, or at least write dad in the same way, but in mine papa means pope

Frankie.T wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:30 am
Is this your language? where are you from? I'm curious cause we say, or at least write dad in the same way, but in mine papa means pope
It's Spanish. And 'papa' can also mean 'pope'. The pope, dad and the potato. Surely there was some people with a high dose of cynicism in Spanish history.

mevla wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm
It's Spanish. And 'papa' can also mean 'pope'. The pope, dad and the potato. Surely there was some people with a high dose of cynicism in Spanish history.
Hahaha

Hexspa wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:07 am Papá is dad, papa is potato.
A very low modulation frequency is used in many languages. Birds on the other hand can exchange a lot of information using fast modulation. To be a bird and a good listener must be one important bird skill. They may need nonetheless much more communication to say what we humans can summarize is a few words using a high level of abstraction, like : "a snow storm is coming" in five words might be using a lot more fast-paced modulations to express for birds because of brain constraints and lack of abstraction.

mevla wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:58 pm
Hexspa wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:07 am Papá is dad, papa is potato.
A very low modulation frequency is used in many languages. Birds on the other hand can exchange a lot of information using fast modulation. To be a bird and a good listener must be one important bird skill. They may need nonetheless much more communication to say what we humans can summarize is a few words using a high level of abstraction, like : "a snow storm is coming" in five words might be using a lot more fast-paced modulations to express for birds because of brain constraints and lack of abstraction.
Singing also. I read somewhere that if a bird, may have been a particular one, doesn't sing every day it goes out of tune.

I'm half Mexican but never learned that language in-depth; though I'm trying to change that hence my support for special characters. The whole "papa" thing comes from Latin, apparently, and that was taken from baby talk. Is Spanish your first language? Which variant uses Papa as pope?

Hexspa wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:39 am
I'm half Mexican but never learned that language in-depth; though I'm trying to change that hence my support for special characters. The whole "papa" thing comes from Latin, apparently, and that was taken from baby talk. Is Spanish your first language? Which variant uses Papa as pope?
I'm Italian, so same Latin roots

Hello guys, did quickly check and it looks like it is a DAW restriction, we do not filter any characters in MNotepad. Can confirm that it does not work in Reaper, but works well for instance in Bitwig and Cubase 13 under MS Windows 10/11. Also it looks like you can paste the chars there, then DAW is not limiting it. We will look in more detail and let you know.

Return to “MeldaProduction”