New GForce OB-EZ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are a lot of people here who are probably going to hate this but I f**king love it! And it's free if you own OB-E.

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/ob-ez/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJI24uO ... b_imp_woyt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjlagcMpCM
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If only there were room on the GUI to show both the filter AND amp envelopes at the same time rather than have a button toggle between them.

I'll stick to the big boy version of this. Don't need a preset player. But hey, if others enjoy it, by all means...

Well, its cheap (£25) if you just want to play the sounds with basic tweaking.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I don't understand why I would use this if I have the full version.

I will say though, that this (and OB-E of course) has maybe the best square waveish sounds in all of VST land. A deep sounding square wave is, seemingly, pretty hard to code.

I wonder how many OB's Gforce will release.

At least this one I consider redundant.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:50 pm If only there were room on the GUI to show both the filter AND amp envelopes at the same time rather than have a button toggle between them.
I heard they were worried they don't enough Oberheim emulations. There's going to be an OB-EZ Pro that utilizes half of that blank plate and an OB-EZ Pro+ that uses all of that blank plate. Unfortunately the Pro+ won't be included with OB-E.
Last edited by abernathy on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This would be a clever way to provide a low barrier of entry for people to start buying preset packs, but I don't see any available for it. The synth isn't for me though.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:18 pm I don't understand why I would use this if I have the full version.
Have you ever tried to use the full version? It's basically f**king impossible. Given the choice, I'd rather have this than OB-E. I use SEM all the time, easily my most used synth of the last 6 months, but even though I've had OB-E longer, I've never got a sound out of it that I was happy with. I get the shits with it and fire up bx_oberhausen instead, where I can get what I want in a minute or two.

Would this be better if it exposed all the controls for a single module? Yes it would but, as it is, it's got enough to make it useful and there are more than enough starting points you could turn into INIT patches for your own uses. e.g. INIT-Saw, INIT-Pulse, INIT-Sync, INIT-5th, etc. And the presets are excellent, I have never favourited more presets for any synth in my life.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Why are they spending time on stuff like this. All that space and you can't see filter and amp envelopes at the same time?

Come on now, finish impOscar3!

I do like this, but is it a restricted preset player? I don't see a way to import OB-E patches/collections? I guess it would have to be because of the price? But this does make me want to stick to OB-E. I wish they had just added a simple interface view to OB-E.

abernathy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:52 pm I do like this, but is it a restricted preset player? I don't see a way to import OB-E patches/collections? I guess it would have to be because of the price? But this does make me want to stick to OB-E. I wish they had just added a simple interface view to OB-E.

You don't need to import OB-E patches, you just see them in the browser.

I guess the inspiration was the OB-SX. I'll probably never program OB-E so this is fine.

abernathy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:22 pm I heard they were worried they don't enough Oberheim emulations. There's going to be an OB-EZ Pro that utilizes half of that blank plate and an OB-EZ Pro+ that uses all of that blank plate. Unfortunately the Pro+ is won't be included with OB-E.
GForce Oberheim OB-Stand, which is just the table in the background.

Is it OB-easy or Obesey?
Reminds me of the Moog Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, Sub Phatty..
:lol:
Last edited by interruptor on Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Completely unnecessary, but hey, we live in 2024.
<List your stupid gear here>

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:18 pm I don't understand why I would use this if I have the full version.
Sometimes simplicity makes one more productive. A recent example is Axxess vs Oddity. Lots of people prefer Axxess because it's dead-easy to use.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Instruments”