Toneboosters - [EDIT] v1.8.0 installer released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious...

No plugin updates since Sept '23 (not that I think there needs to be); but he always had some small/nice improvements coming along every couple of months or so... Maybe its been time to choose a better work/life balance and I should just chill and get on with making some music... 8)

[edited to reflect a better topic title - 01Apr2024]
Last edited by thebutler on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

There was a Mac only update in January, beyond that nothing to add, wouldn't worry too much, none of their plugins have bugs as far as I can tell. Sometime soon maybe.
thebutler wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 pm Just curious...

No plugin updates since Sept '23 (not that I think there needs to be); but he always had some small/nice improvements coming along every couple of months or so... Maybe its been time to choose a better work/life balance and I should just chill and get on with making some music... 8)

He is usually pretty quick with updates. I hope he is cooking something new up!

thebutler wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 pm Maybe its been time to choose a better work/life balance and I should just chill and get on with making some music... 8)
Good idea! :tu:

With this much time passed since the last update ,I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that ToneBoosters version 5 plugins are in development. Maybe not but maybe.

Oh how I miss the ToneBoosters Beta Facebook group...

DeathByGuitar wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:42 pm With this much time passed since the last update ,I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that ToneBoosters version 5 plugins are in development. Maybe not but maybe.

Oh how I miss the ToneBoosters Beta Facebook group...
Was that what happened last time with V4? If so, I wonder if he will bundle the V4 plugins like he did with V3.

They are working on something new.

MattLeschuck wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 pm They are working on something new.
That's right....

An extended holiday :hyper:
No auto tune...

V4 installer just updated to version 1.8.0

All plugins

Stability, UI, UX and workflow improvements
Copy/paste now works across plugin types (e.g. from VST to AU, etc)

Morphit v1.9.3

New headphones profiles: Sony MDR V700, Sennheiser HD660S2, Focal Bathys, Audeze Euclid, EarFun Air Pro 2, EarFun Air Pro 3, AKG K72, Apple AirPods 3, Apple AirPods Pro 2, Beats Studio Pro, Sony WF-1000XM5, Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X

ReelBus v4.7.3

Master mode VU meters d not reflect output gain anymore

Spectrogram v1.5.3

Add start/stop functionality

planet_b wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:02 pm V4 installer just updated to version 1.8.0

All plugins

Morphit v1.9.3

New headphones profiles: Sony MDR V700, Sennheiser HD660S2, Focal Bathys, Audeze Euclid, EarFun Air Pro 2, EarFun Air Pro 3, AKG K72, Apple AirPods 3, Apple AirPods Pro 2, Beats Studio Pro, Sony WF-1000XM5, Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X

ReelBus v4.7.3

Spectrogram v1.5.3

A bit underwhelming for around six months of no significant updates... I'd like to support them more, but the fact that they ignore some feature requests I submitted and don't improve some plugins to express their potential better (DualVCF should have ZDF filters and more) doesn't help much... :(

- Mario

The plugins are great and he sells them for a pittance. Any upgrades you happen to get on top of what you bought into are just a nice bonus and not something you should expect IMO. I'm just happy to see the existing ones continue to be actively supported.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

mabian wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 pm
planet_b wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:02 pm V4 installer just updated to version 1.8.0

All plugins

Morphit v1.9.3

ReelBus v4.7.3

Spectrogram v1.5.3

A bit underwhelming for around six months of no significant updates... I'd like to support them more, but the fact that they ignore some feature requests I submitted and don't improve some plugins to express their potential better (DualVCF should have ZDF filters and more) doesn't help much... :(

- Mario
The copy / paste across DAWs was my suggestion to Jeroen and he implemented it. At least in my case over the years he has been pretty receptive to feedback. And he always replies when I write in. His communication is one of the main reasons Toneboosters is at the top of the list for me.

mabian wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 pm

All plugins

Morphit v1.9.3

ReelBus v4.7.3

Spectrogram v1.5.3

- Mario
Pretty sure it's not his daytime job and his plugins are tremendous VFM as they are already plus he is quite responsive either way, thus frankly put I think your passive agressiveness is completely out of place here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

mabian wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 pm they ignore some feature requests I submitted
How mean of them, with your great attitude and all!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Effects”