MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

monkeyc_audio wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:41 pm
emef wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:40 pm would love it if portamento was added to get some silly note bending going
on the list! Please use the feature suggestions forms in Rando to get everything centralized and upvotable! 🙏🏻
excellent, i've added my feature suggestion :tu:

The ADSR envelope is not working properly. When dialing up the attack time, it almost completely mutes the sound. And without a global ADSR, the instrument feels like it lacks expressiveness inherent to samplers. Manually applying the ADSR to every sample is a pain.

The randomization button, which was the most important feature for me based on the plugin's description, is unfortunately not automatable. This is a recurring oversight by many developers, as they often fail to make dices and randomization parameters visible to the DAW, which is a dealbreaker for me. Could you kindly include it in your feature list? Without this addition, the full potential of the randomization feature is limited to 88 sounds. For those creating long ambient and generative tracks, this becomes essential.

Finally, it would be beneficial to allow users to specify which sample libraries the randomization function should draw content from. Other than that, I really like it so far. But the functions mentioned above are crucial to me. Thank you very much

Hi @enCiphered, great suggestions would you mind adding this to the suggestions form in Rando? I think we can make the Rando button automatable as well, never thought of that! The last suggestion is already planned ;)

Please send an email to hello [at] monkeyc.audio or put these in the form! Many thanks for your support!

Sure, thanks :tu:

monkeyc_audio wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:29 pm
wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:21 pm sample start modulation would be a great addition for this... :)
You mean as in an offset, like humanize? Or only in the sample playback?
Yeah - offset. Other samplers do it via modulation (LFO, NoteRandom etc) but I think the spirit of Rando would suit something more like the 'life' control. Just a way of randomising the sample start by a time or percentage value so you get a slightly (or very) different sound every time you trigger that note.

This is great fun & has already thrown up some cool results but global adsr is a must for me
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 pm This is great fun & has already thrown up some cool results but global adsr is a must for me
can you shoot me an email on hello [at] monkeyc.audio? Have a couple of questions! thank!

monkeyc_audio wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:41 pm
emef wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:40 pm would love it if portamento was added to get some silly note bending going
on the list! Please use the feature suggestions forms in Rando to get everything centralized and upvotable! 🙏🏻
Just a comment to say how cool this feature of having suggestions built in to the plugin is. Kudos.

wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:49 pm
monkeyc_audio wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:29 pm
wilx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:21 pm sample start modulation would be a great addition for this... :)
You mean as in an offset, like humanize? Or only in the sample playback?
Yeah - offset. Other samplers do it via modulation (LFO, NoteRandom etc) but I think the spirit of Rando would suit something more like the 'life' control. Just a way of randomising the sample start by a time or percentage value so you get a slightly (or very) different sound every time you trigger that note.
I may be being greedy but both would be cool. ie. Sample start offset/randomisation and Sample trigger offset/randomisation for the sequencer.

full ADSR for the whole of the sample would be appreciated, MSEG would be greatly appreciated!

i mean if you can make the duration of the ADSR align with the length of the sample when i trigger a sample one shot

Ready to install Rando.
Only get "ready to install.
I can click to install.
Where is Rando installed?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:34 am Ready to install Rando.
I can click to install.
Please shoot me an email on hello [at] monkeyc.audio and I will get you sorted!

I can click to install.
Unfortunately you don't get a choice which is not good at all. But there are bigger companies with installers just as bad. It installed in the common files vst3 folder for me but that is Windows.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:54 am
I can click to install.
Unfortunately you don't get a choice which is not good at all. But there are bigger companies with installers just as bad. It installed in the common files vst3 folder for me but that is Windows.
hi, please shoot me an email at hello [at] monkeyc.audio. Please tell me what the installer misses and we will make sure that we will change our installer!

Dennis,

Best state in the install window that the Rando installation is automatic. Why not state the plugin is "installed in the common files vst3 folder" to quote morelia. The stand-alone Rando is installed in the folder ... Just my two cents.

Or make this note in the Manual.

Return to “Instruments”