MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes it restricts to that folder!

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:59 pm Yes it restricts to that folder!
Well that's awesome!

Fantastic work.

Such a fun plugin.

kraster wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:10 pm
monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:59 pm Yes it restricts to that folder!
Well that's awesome!

Fantastic work.

Such a fun plugin.
❤️

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:43 pm Hi @emef, if you have an issue can you please contact us on support [at] monkeyc.audio? thanks!
ok, done that

double post
Last edited by emef on Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emef wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:44 pm
monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:43 pm Hi @emef, if you have an issue can you please contact us on support [at] monkeyc.audio? thanks!

edit: apologies i used winrar and it extracted fine, no problems

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Does this do machine iLok auth?

I’m not interested in cloud iL, so if it offers machine auth that would be fab.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Hi, yes we have both flavours available, I like the machine iLok too myself! Also note you get two activations so you can use it on two computers! 😀
Last edited by monkeyc_audio on Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:24 pm Hi, yes we have both flavours available, I like the machine iLok too myself!
Nice. Thanks for the quick reply.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Man this is such a cool update.

I have a folder full of classic drum machines so I can randomise based on the title of the folder and also the drum type.

e.g. Typing "Hr16,hats" will give me just the hats in the hr16 folder.

The hit randomise on the sequencer and you have a whole top line based on hr 16 hats.

Awesome stuff

nice update and so quick!! Is great to see such a customer focused dev - thanks!
It is still a bit clumsy to select different folders for drawing the samples from. A list view with checkboxes would be much quicker than the current text search. I give an example. Say I have 100 folders in the settings and there are 12 folders with 3 particular types of percussion I want to include - with checkboxing I can just select them, with the current text search I have to get the folder name and type it in, go back, find and learn another folder name , type it in , maybe I can remember 3 of the names so I type those in etc etc.

Hi @neverbefore, We tried to cram as many user suggestions and fixes into a week's worth of development as possible. What you describe needs a change of UI to make it fit the Rando ethos of being intuitive. We are working on implementing an easier way to select folders, but on the other hand, it also defeats our direction of randomness at the same time. We need to meditate a bit more on this, but we know that it is coming. If you upvote this suggestion in Rando then we will get to this sooner, but know that we have roughly 50 suggestions (!). Thanks! ❤️

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 am Hi @neverbefore, We tried to cram as many user suggestions and fixes into a week's worth of development as possible. What you describe needs a change of UI to make it fit the Rando ethos of being intuitive. We are working on implementing an easier way to select folders, but on the other hand, it also defeats our direction of randomness at the same time. We need to meditate a bit more on this, but we know that it is coming. If you upvote this suggestion in Rando then we will get to this sooner, but know that we have roughly 50 suggestions (!). Thanks! ❤️
Hi, I come across harsher than I feel because I am too direct - apologies. This is a great update - amazing quick work.

My use case I think does not require a change to the UI structure eg if you have say 20 folders already analysed and want to select 3 - field recordings of the inside of a tree, sounds from tractors, frame drum scrapes. I hold ctrl, select each folder, which turns a brighter shande of the background (whatever) and Rando now selects at random from those folders. I just cant stress enough how useful that would be to me and hopefully others. I dont really see this as less random than choosing one of the existing tags.
Anyweas appreciate your consideration - I did look to upvote something like this but could not see anything exactly like it - do you have a specific request suggestion for me to upvote?

I know exactly how you want this function to work, but we also want to implement it in a way so it feels natural. So we want to do that properly and suave (because that is something we like personally). There is one item already called 'Select samples from a specific library', so you can upvote that one! Have a great Sunday!

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:32 am I know exactly how you want this function to work, but we also want to implement it in a way so it feels natural. So we want to do that properly and suave (because that is something we like personally). There is one item already called 'Select samples from a specific library', so you can upvote that one! Have a great Sunday!
suave is good :tu:

(sunday is almost over here :) )

Return to “Instruments”