MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is a big feature request or suggestion, but this would be cool: Loopcloud (for example) changes the colour of a waveform depending on the timbre so you know what's likely to be a bass sample and whats a high pad just by the colour of the waveform.

For example, it's easy to spot which sample's likely to be a hi-hat here;
CleanShot-2023-08-30-at-18.18.37@2x.png
If Rando could show this info by colouring the keys on the UI, that'd be amazing. If it'd also sort by bassiest samples on the left and highest on the right....yes please!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m-ac on Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

good one!

Rando and Sononym is a match made in heaven for me

neverbefore wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 am Rando and Sononym is a match made in heaven for me
How are you using them together? I am still figuring out how I want to use Rando. I just mapped my entire sample folder as the searchable folder and then I selecty a keyword like vocal or something in the rando menu and see what I can find. I thought this was like sononym and did an AI search but I suspect I am not using the plugin to it's full capabilities at all right now..lol. Working with the MonkeyC team to optimize the FX section and fix the CPU spikes I get so I haven't dug into it enough yet.

stash98 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 pm
neverbefore wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 am Rando and Sononym is a match made in heaven for me
How are you using them together? I am still figuring out how I want to use Rando. I just mapped my entire sample folder as the searchable folder and then I selecty a keyword like vocal or something in the rando menu and see what I can find. I thought this was like sononym and did an AI search but I suspect I am not using the plugin to it's full capabilities at all right now..lol. Working with the MonkeyC team to optimize the FX section and fix the CPU spikes I get so I haven't dug into it enough yet.
I have only just starteed demoing sononym but will buy it for sure - is amazing. So far I have tried the combination with Rando for making percussion or drum tracks. I select a drum sound in Sononym and do a similarity search. I add the top 10 or so hits to a sononym project. Do another search on another sound and repeat. I now have 20 or so samples in a sononym project folder all of which I am happy to use. Then I point Rando to that folder and ..go . Works a treat and is quick and means I do not have to worry about adding in and deleting my actual sample folders in Rando at all

neverbefore wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:16 pm
stash98 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 pm
I have only just starteed demoing sononym but will buy it for sure - is amazing. So far I have tried the combination with Rando for making percussion or drum tracks. I select a drum sound in Sononym and do a similarity search. I add the top 10 or so hits to a sononym project. Do another search on another sound and repeat. I now have 20 or so samples in a sononym project folder all of which I am happy to use. Then I point Rando to that folder and ..go . Works a treat and is quick and means I do not have to worry about adding in and deleting my actual sample folders in Rando at all
Interesting. I figured Rando was made so you can just search a giant samples folder for samples that fall into different categories, but maybe I am wrong there. Sononym is amazing for such things, you basically find samples you totally forgot about and then can make folders of them.

It sounds like you are using rando like a drum rack in ableton where you could just drag a sample folder onto different keys and start playing. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of functionality with this plugin still though.

Hi guys, we will add similarity search soon based on analysing the actual content. Right now we look at sample names, which also works quite nice!

monkeyc_audio wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:58 am Hi guys, we will add similarity search soon based on analysing the actual content. Right now we look at sample names, which also works quite nice!
Please try to be considerate to color blind customers. If you can make the colors configurable etc. or some other means of identification (patterns perhaps).

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi @zeph, please shoot me an email on support [at] monkeyc.audio. Let me see what we can do for you!

monkeyc_audio wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:58 am Hi guys, we will add similarity search soon based on analysing the actual content. Right now we look at sample names, which also works quite nice!
I'm using both the Sononym method and the Rando method - that combination of levels of randomness works really well. I can see Rando being central to quite a lot of my work now

Very nice update (1.0.3) Dennis!

Shift-Drag All Sample Parameters
You can now shift-drag all the sample parameters to change all to the same value! Set all the Attacks to the same value or change all the Life values. We opted not to include the direction and play modes, but if you want that too, let us know!

Fine-Tune Samples
Hold Cmd/Ctrl to fine-tune the sample!

Drag Note On Another Note To Swap
Oh Yes! Click and hold a note and drag it onto another note to swap places. This copies all parameters as well!

Drag Samples To Notes
Got a great sample on your HD? Just drag it to the note on the keyboard and you are done!

Drag Notes To DAW
Haha, we did not stop at the previous item! You can now drag a note into your DAW, this will add the sample there.

No More Auto Focus In The DAW
Rando does not automatically change sample focus when you are playing back MIDI. We found ourselves setting reverb on every note when we were fine-tuning FX during playback... Fixed!

Default Velocity Now 50%
We found that by setting the default velocity to 50% we could audition a bit better. Now with the Shift-Drag functionality you can easily set these functions for all!

Lots Of Other Fixes
We squashed more bugs, optimised more, etc, etc...

Thx! :)

Thanks @elassi! Working on the next one already!

Thanks so much for the new updates in this fantastic product.

Please keep the updates going. :tu: :tu: :) :)

Thanks @Zeph!

Great, fast updates!! Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”