IK Releases ARC Studio Hardware

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To instantly improve any studio monitoring system for better mixes

IK Multimedia releases ARC Studio, a unique out-of-the-box hardware acoustic room correction system that instantly upgrades traditional studio monitors with breathtaking results.

There’s a reason all of today’s top-tier studio monitors include active room correction — it vastly enhances their performance and ensures that mixes translate flawlessly.

ARC Studio offers this same massive boost in performance and accuracy to any monitor in every studio. The system includes a standalone hardware processor; new ARC 4 software (also available separately) for analyzing and correcting the listening environment with additional controls; and a precision MEMS measurement microphone.

Pricing and Availability

ARC Studio and ARC 4 software are shipping now and available from the IK Multimedia online store and IK authorized dealers worldwide:
  • ARC Studio $/€299.99* – Includes processor unit, ARC 4 software, and measurement mic.
  • ARC Studio Upgrade $/€249.99 – For registered users of ARC (any version with mic), iLoud MTM, or iLoud Precision. Includes processor unit + ARC 4 software. Measurement mic not included.
  • ARC 4 Software and Mic $/€199.99 – Advanced room correction plug-in, and measurement mic.
  • ARC 4 Software Only $/€149.99 – Advanced room correction plug-in. Measurement mic not included.
Learn more at ikmultimedia.com/arcstudio

*Pricing excludes taxes.

I have an ARC 3 license from the latest group-campaign, and then recently found an IK mike in a "normal" shop

Seems I am excluded from a decent upgrade-price, to ARC 4 hardware-box, just becourse the mic was bought separately in a shop, insteadt of a bundle directly at IK

Doesnt feel fair realy.

Also discounting only 50€ out of 300€ full price, for having both ARC 3 and mic bought directly at IK is a little ungenerous in the first place IMHO

I will not upgrade until,.. MAYBE,.. if this is adressed somehow

Alternatively, will general deals on ARC 4 hardware or upgrades likely apear later ?
HM

Why is there is no upgrade path from ARC 3 to ARC 4 for existing users?

This is very anti-customer.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

IK's upgrade paths have always been strange, most people have "Jam Points" from purchases, that can take up to 30% off the price. For instance I have $71 in Jam points dropping the price down to $179. A more reasonable upgrade price. It's confusing, but ever since being a customer I've come close to the 30% then whatever IK offers up front.

Not going to lie. This is probably the first IK product that I might want badly enough to hold my nose while checking out. I'll wait for some reviews first. I liked the idea of this being in their new monitors, but I like this even more. I'm not that bothered by the price TBH. That I can use this in my hardware studio might be worth the price of admission.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:57 am Not going to lie. This is probably the first IK product that I might want badly enough to hold my nose while checking out. I'll wait for some reviews first. I liked the idea of this being in their new monitors, but I like this even more. I'm not that bothered by the price TBH. That I can use this in my hardware studio might be worth the price of admission.
IMO they're just awkward as all hell when it comes to upgrades, it's not terrible, just way too convoluted for their own good. I really do not think they manage to bilk more money than other large companies like NI, Arturia etc. do out of their customers, they just do their sales and upgrades in some sort of bargain basement home shopping network way that really does no service to the quality of their products. They should just eschew the Jam Points and Gear Credits, and give the typical 40% off rate that most companies do, but here we are talking about their awkward marketing in pretty much any thread on IK in every forum.

Tonex, Amplitube, MixBox, ARC, and the whole T-Rex line are all really good products that aren't expensive if you get them on sale. :shrug:

jamcat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 am Why is there is no upgrade path from ARC 3 to ARC 4 for existing users?

This is very anti-customer.
Software ONLY upg. from ver 3>4 will be possible when logged into your account, its 100€,..

BUT!!! upg. from 3 to HARDWARE-version 4 ,. only if ver 3 was once bundeled with a mic from IK

In my case , having the ARC from IK ,.. and the mic from a shop ,.. means being dead-ended

I did try, now, to register my mic as hardware, both on web, and product manager, no luck !

No eglible S/N printed on the label on the mic, and no registration card in the box

Thus I am not even able to register the mic that I bought in a normal shop, (in France)

(And my impression its needed having bought a product, bundeled with mic, dir. from IK)

So people who have used ARC, and a third party mic, is left out obviously, from upgrading to
the new hadware-version 4, witch is not OK, but even more absurd, that me, having both
ARC 3 and original MEM mic, is left out, just for the fact that the mic was bought in a shop

And like said, anyway the price is only reduced from 300 to 250 euro, a level thats not realy
honnoring the engagement and trust from old customers, should have been from 300 to 200
in all fairness.

And then a path also is missing from no-mic, sorfware-only, ARC 3, into new ver 4 hardware,
in this case 300-250 would be OK ,.. why not honnor previous software a bit, just becourse
new hardware is being added as a part of the family and concept ?
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:50 pm
Pricing and Availability

ARC Studio and ARC 4 software are shipping now and available from the IK Multimedia online store and IK authorized dealers worldwide:
  • ARC Studio $/€299.99* – Includes processor unit, ARC 4 software, and measurement mic.
  • ARC Studio Upgrade $/€249.99 – For registered users of ARC (any version with mic), iLoud MTM, or iLoud Precision. Includes processor unit + ARC 4 software. Measurement mic not included.
  • ARC 4 Software and Mic $/€199.99 – Advanced room correction plug-in, and measurement mic.
  • ARC 4 Software Only $/€149.99 – Advanced room correction plug-in. Measurement mic not included.
Last edited by HM on Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HM

Alright, I see the ARC 4 UPGRADE for $99.99 now. Thanks.
Of course they would leave that out of the marketing materials.
It just wouldn't be IK otherwise.

A word of caution: I have bought ARC Studio a month ago, made all the measurements, all working fine. Last weekend, all of the sudden, when engaging the correction in the hardware box, there is no input signal detected and no output. I have tried everything, even resetting the unit and reinstalling the firmware. Nothing.
Since the hardware has a full bypass, I know the signal is going through as I can hear the sound in the monitors when the correction is not engaged. Submitted a support request with no reply after 4 days.
RMA requested and this thing is going back. I'll stay with SoundID Reference for the time being.

alienmachine wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:21 am A word of caution: I have bought ARC Studio a month ago, made all the measurements, all working fine. Last weekend, all of the sudden, when engaging the correction in the hardware box, there is no input signal detected and no output. I have tried everything, even resetting the unit and reinstalling the firmware. Nothing.
Since the hardware has a full bypass, I know the signal is going through as I can hear the sound in the monitors when the correction is not engaged. Submitted a support request with no reply after 4 days.
RMA requested and this thing is going back. I'll stay with SoundID Reference for the time being.
That is not the normal behavior and this is the only report I'm seeing of this so I'm sure it can be taken care of. What is your ticket number?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:18 pm
alienmachine wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:21 am A word of caution: I have bought ARC Studio a month ago, made all the measurements, all working fine. Last weekend, all of the sudden, when engaging the correction in the hardware box, there is no input signal detected and no output. I have tried everything, even resetting the unit and reinstalling the firmware. Nothing.
That is not the normal behavior and this is the only report I'm seeing of this so I'm sure it can be taken care of. What is your ticket number?
Sorry, I have returned it. I cannot wait more than four days for a support request answer. You really should work on that and improve your response time.

I'm staying with SoundID Reference and RealPhones. Thanks.

Speaking of Realphones, why doesn’t ARC provide headphone profiles for correction / speaker simulation?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”