Where do you buy your wavetables?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:21 pm
swilow11 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 am While his wavetables tilt towards the forest/night time styles, t
This is the exact reason why I always lol at goatrancers :lol:
Ha, well I don't name the genres 😀

I've found that plucked sounds or anything that is a recording of a physical system being excited then resonating a bit then dampening back down always makes for a good wave table. I have tons of sample libraries of real instruments and I generally just take a note from one of these when I want to get into wave table editing. For the silliness/ crazy digital stuff, I just draw many individual waves and interpolate between them. It's not something I find myself needing to often though. Usually I just draw in my "main waveform" in zebra, and then I make a couple variations and swing between them. I've never bought any though. Seems like a bunch of things I don't want to look through.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Maybe I'm just not creative enough, but if I draw in a wave in any of the synths that allow it, they basically all sound the same (I.e shitful). I prefer a system like Vital- create say a simple pitch modulated sine wave, resynthesise it and you usually get at least a few interesting tables out of that. Or create a hugely randomised patch in anything (Bazille being the current pick), render to audio and import into Serum for editing into either interesting morphs or single cycles.

Another very nice pack of wavetables to purchase are databroths via his gumroad. They all have evocative names that don't really help in understanding how they'll sound but sometimes do, and either way, there are just countless interesting tones to stumble upon.

Return to “Instruments”