A1PrimeDelay v0.97b PUBLIC BETA - please join

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

we've just updated our BETA version of A1PrimeDelay to 0.96b.

Changes include:
  • new PANIC button to "quickly fade out delay signal and clear all buffers" (upper right corner)
  • new dedicated SAVE button in the center-display-component (visible when preset is modified)
  • new SAVE PRESET menu item in top-left-menu
  • dedicated BYPASS- and MUTE-ALL buttons in the lower right corner of the UI
  • additional SAVE PRESET button in top bar of preset browser
  • removed old bypass-/mute-all-buttons that were hidden behind INPUT & OUTPUT labels
  • removed old save button that was under top-left-menu
  • remove option to activate "add-asterisk-to-modified-presets" logic (replaced by SAVE button)
  • UI performance improvements (noticeable on slower machines with older/weaker GPU)
*obviously not all of the above changes are marked with an arrow in the upper screenshot

If you want to test this new version, simply go back to the A1AUDIO website at https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay and then re-request the new download link(s) with your email-adr.

Challenge response?
Not for me then.

The filter bug I mentioned in my previous post is still there.

There's a typo in the tooltip for the Chorus & Reverb section. It says "Subtle settings here are often enough to help your wet signal to sit better in the mix." The second "to" shouldn't be there.

It would be nice to be able to change the recovery time of the ducker. It's quite slow and I find faster recovery times more useful.

rasmusklump wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:33 pm Challenge response?
Not for me then.
hmm ... i mean, of course we are open to discuss that :)

what is acceptable for you when it comes to copy protection ?

Am I not giving feedback in the right place? Your site says "please make sure to read the included 'README' file for further instructions and how to report bugs or issues" but there is no such file in the download.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm The filter bug I mentioned in my previous post is still there.
Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce this issue. ... I know, this is a lot to ask, but are you willing to send us an FL Studio project with maybe only a freeware synth like U-he Tyrell (https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synthes ... u-win-mac/) and one instance of A1PrimeDelay ? Either a private message here on KVR or an email to beta-test@a1audio.de would be great. thanks in advance ! :)

Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm There's a typo in the tooltip for the Chorus & Reverb section. It says "Subtle settings here are often enough to help your wet signal to sit better in the mix." The second "to" shouldn't be there.
tbh, I don't really get where exactly is the second "to" !?
I just asked chatgpt. The suggestion was to replace the whole sentence with this one: "Subtle adjustments here can often help your wet signal blend better into the mix." ... what do you think ?

Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm It would be nice to be able to change the recovery time of the ducker. It's quite slow and I find faster recovery times more useful.
Well, ok ... we gonna implement an additional parameter then :)

thanks a lot for you participation in this !

a1audio.de wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 am tbh, I don't really get where exactly is the second "to" !?
probably here:
signal to sit better in

muki wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:41 am
a1audio.de wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 am tbh, I don't really get where exactly is the second "to" !?
probably here:
signal to sit better in
yes, probably :)

The ChatGPT suggestion sounds fine.

I have emailed a project file with instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 pm The ChatGPT suggestion sounds fine.

I have emailed a project file with instructions on how to reproduce the bug.
ok, thank you ... i'll take a look in a few minutes !

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 pm The ChatGPT suggestion sounds fine.
Ok, we will use that text then :)

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 pm I have emailed a project file with instructions on how to reproduce the bug.
Thank you again for helping with this issue. And yes, we were able to find the bug. :tu: This will be fixed in the next beta version.

That new beta is probably up by tomorrow :)

Nice :)

What setting am I supposed to use for a simple mono delay without any flanging? The closest I can get is ping pong enabled, merge L/R, and width at zero, but the taps are too quiet, and they briefly get louder before fading away.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:04 pm What setting am I supposed to use for a simple mono delay without any flanging? The closest I can get is ping pong enabled, merge L/R, and width at zero, but the taps are too quiet, and they briefly get louder before fading away.

you may wanna try set the option "WOW Align LR" to "ALIGNED". that way wow modulation of left and right signal are exactly the same (= aligned).

and yes, we did not think of that requirement, but you are right the closest you can get to create a PURE MONO DELAY signal out of a stereo source signal is probably what is shown is the screenshot:

PING PONG = Merge LR
STEREO WIDTH = 0%
WOW Align LR = ALIGNED (the yellow arrow)

other than that, we discussed that internally, and will probably add an additional option to just make the input signal mono to begin with...

a1audio.de wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:00 pm
muki wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:41 am
probably here:
signal to sit better in
yes, probably :)
Your sentence was gramatically absolutely correct though.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”