Pulsar Modular P450/P455 MDN Plugin Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, guilty as charged then
I’m gonna say this is a nice plug-in, yet again, like I did in the first post I made before being swarmed like Gulliver

I think it brings a lot to the table, but it’s definitely not made for all types of music, especially trailer, EDM, harder tracks. Even though there is a trend to have a more muted sound to that type of sound design /music in my world.
Definitely not an essential plug-in for anyone. But if you like what it does and how it inspires you or gets you over the finish line in a way that would take too much time otherwise. It’s kind of worth it.
Some people didn’t like what it did to the center image. I was wondering if there’s anyone else with those thoughts but then I kind of ran into all of these pages of Pulsar modular impassioned opinions
None actually said his work was bad, but seemingly all were concerned about the high price
I don’t feel special for spending way too much for a plug-in 15 years ago by today’s standards. I’m just putting a little perspective on things.
As one of the many Lilliputians here pointed out, he paid a lot for an 80 MB hard drive
Which is not a plug-in… But I guess it’s important to make that connection?

jens wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:07 pm What string gauge do you use when you do?
I don't always change my strings, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.

rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 pm I’m gonna say this is a nice plug-in, yet again, like I did in the first post I made before being swarmed like Gulliver
Now he's calling us short. What's with this guy?

rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:31 pm I came back to this place, because I was curious about whether other people had experiences with this plug-in that could be useful and thoughtful.
Oh really? :roll:
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:11 pm
rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 pm I’m gonna say this is a nice plug-in, yet again, like I did in the first post I made before being swarmed like Gulliver
Good to see a J Swiftie

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:09 pm
jens wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:07 pm What string gauge do you use when you do?
I don't always change my strings, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep in mind to seek use six of these when the next recording-session comes around. :tu: (Just not sure yet where to get these here... )
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:11 pm
Which is not true at all!!! I repeat: it's not true in the slighest! I'm not short, do you listen!?! :mad:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm actually very short. Which is why I'm doubly offended. :x :ud:

Don't you mean half?

Always winning?

I gotta say, every time I've used the sidecar plugin during the demo, I've had a hard time replicating what it does to the mids and transients with other API style channel strips (UAD, Softube). I'm still not sure it's worth the asking price, but I really like what it does. I'm slightly more on the fence about purchasing despite the negativity around the brand.

Yes, if someone can really build a cheaper, alternative plugin chain - that does the exact same thing.. that remains to be seen.

So it's not just stock JUCE dsp & filters with an UI on top? :lol:
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Here is another little jam that I made today where P455 plays a huge role in how it sounds. Basically all the "width", 3D and some subtle mojo is in very large part due to the plugin. I also used it's compressor and EQ on every single track (mixbus, all instruments, on reverb and delay sends too!).

All the gritty "mojo" is from Neold's new Wunderlich plugin. These two actually go great together! One creates the oldschool grit and grime while P455 creates the smooth depth and separation of elements.

This track has only 3 VSTi instruments. Triaz for drums and two instances of Omnisphere, one of them the strange gritty rhodes thing and the other the wide gliding bass. Everything is extremely processed to make a laidback slightly gritty, kinda Röyksopp like sound aesthetic. Basically FabFilter Timeless 3 makes the track. :hihi:

a bit of a strange mood (Google Drive, mp3 3.4mb)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”