Pulsar Modular P450/P455 MDN Plugin Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 pm I've been waiting to find out what these comments from the MixBusTV guy were about.
Simply stated, he was impressed with the P42 Climax. He wanted to do a plugin with me. We started the discussion while I was waiting for the contract. After a long wait, the contract he sent was not something I would sign on, even with a gun pointed to my head. So I politely declined.
https://www.pulsarmodular.com/
Pulsar Modular
The Sound is... UNBELIEVABLE!

Well it’s good to have at least one side the story, cheers.

P900 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:23 pm
hey212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 pm I've been waiting to find out what these comments from the MixBusTV guy were about.
Simply stated, he was impressed with the P42 Climax. He wanted to do a plugin with me. We started the discussion while I was waiting for the contract. After a long wait, the contract he sent was not something I would sign on, even with a gun pointed to my head. So I politely declined.
hm... why do I have no problem to believe you at all? :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I think his plug-ins are pretty good. The price is the price ziad can charge whatever he wants… I see a lot of guitar pedalboards stacked with pedals far more expensive than this plug-in and I’m not sure they took a year to develop those

I don’t quite understand a lot of the discussion on this site, thread, etc. I’ve been doing this professionally my entire life. I think this plug-in speaks for itself if it works for you buy it… If it doesn’t… Don’t?
But I can feel the work that went into this having done this for a few decades, in the digital realm.
I don’t think people have to demand that everything/dev has to follow (new) waves pricing
And then Gas on endlessly when it doesn’t follow that paradigm.. 24 pages lol
Speaking of which
I bought the waves SSL bundle for almost $800 in TDM format 2007?..
Still hurts to write that
Put that in your $29 discount code pipe and smoke it

rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:10 am Speaking of which
I read that as, "rectifried is the last person to take plugin buying advice from". :P :lol:

rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:10 am I think his plug-ins are pretty good. The price is the price ziad can charge whatever he wants… I see a lot of guitar pedalboards stacked with pedals far more expensive than this plug-in and I’m not sure they took a year to develop those

I don’t quite understand a lot of the discussion on this site, thread, etc. I’ve been doing this professionally my entire life. I think this plug-in speaks for itself if it works for you buy it… If it doesn’t… Don’t?
But I can feel the work that went into this having done this for a few decades, in the digital realm.
I don’t think people have to demand that everything/dev has to follow (new) waves pricing
And then Gas on endlessly when it doesn’t follow that paradigm.. 24 pages lol
Speaking of which
Put that in your $29 discount code pipe and smoke it
Yes, a company can decide to charge what they like. There’ll always be people willing to spend money on something. What several of us are saying is that, to us, the value delivered by the plugins doesn’t match up with the pricing. Which is also just as ok to decide.

If the plugins were listed at half the price, that may be approaching parity. They are not bad sounding, but nor are they $300+ sounding to me. For me, it’s less about the price than the value. I’m not demanding they be $29 - that seems like you’re going off on a tangent.

The market has proven it doesn’t matter what plugins were priced for yesterday, let alone decades ago. What matters is the current day.

It appears another individual has recently begun advocating for the PM's cult through their single post profile. Their enthusiasm seems quite genuine. On top of that it gets 9 upvotes. Cult got mobilized pretty quickly.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

equisonus wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:44 pm It appears another individual has recently begun advocating for the PM's cult through their single post profile. Their enthusiasm seems quite genuine. On top of that it gets 9 upvotes. Cult got mobilized pretty quickly.
Considering that in all the good twelve years since he joined his enthusiasm over anything else never quite managed to motivate him to share his opinion on it here, his now finally expressed one seems truly balanced, one has to give him that. :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes. This is why their comment worked like a magnet for upvotes from their other 9 profiles ;)
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Honestly, I never even think about this forum very much as I'm over on ye olde gearsluts, if I do forum perusing at all.… Look darlings I love democracy as much as the next person, but if all of you in this toddlers table of laptop audio jockeys believe that it's not worth the price and believe where you put the worth, doesn't mean the developer has to follow your overwhelming voting block on a forum whose initials still mystify me.

so vote with non-purchase, and I will reiterate my point if you dont feel its "worth" it : don't buy it.

About paying as much as I did for that waves TDM plug-in… Well, you're probably all too young here to remember, but that was the price of admission for running a studio [TDM protools 10k plus as well]. Something some "content creators" might have been too young for.

The level of politeness in this post is truly remarkable.

I suppose speaking in complete sentences. And being as clear as I can, is remarkable to many Internet posters.

After I said, I didn't understand if you didn't like a plug-in don't buy it? Politeness like that somehow I was part of a cult? As well as applied to anyone else, that I guess what you say: "upvoted" it.
Last edited by rectifried on Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rectifried wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:33 pm I suppose speaking in complete sentences. And being as clear as I can, is remarkable to many Internet posters.
Quoting before the grammar gets fixed.

I admit, I use too many ellipsis in the wrong way.

It's OK. I'm usually not pedantic but it's too funny when you're insulting us about grammar.

Return to “Effects”