One Synth Challenge #181: Surge (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted as well! Great round.

Voted! Lots of excellent tracks! SoundCloud didn't let me post comments on others' tracks. I'm sorry about that.

Voted.

Voted! 9 x 5, 20 x 4 [I just couldn't lower it], 13 x 3, 4 x 2 [Had to use this category, 2 is NOT a BAD track!] and 1 x 1 [1 is a BAD track though]

Update on my hearing: I can hear up until 14.8 kHz again, Tinnitus still here but much quieter (or i'm just blocking it out much more?) It didn't feel like it affected my voting though. Even with impaired hearing i had a great time listening to your tracks! Well done everyone!
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Impedance Music wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm Voted! 9 x 5, 20 x 4 [I just couldn't lower it], 13 x 3, 4 x 2 [Had to use this category, 2 is NOT a BAD track!] and 1 x 1 [1 is a BAD track though]

Update on my hearing: I can hear up until 14.8 kHz again, Tinnitus still here but much quieter (or i'm just blocking it out much more?) It didn't feel like it affected my voting though. Even with impaired hearing i had a great time listening to your tracks! Well done everyone!
Well I have limits of 12.0 KHz for left ear and 8000! for right ear, <sigh>, time to retire maybe

Voted.

Done voting, great variety, not much novelty but all good.

Stay away from ibuprofen and related stuff if you can. (causes tinnitus and perhaps other hearing issues). I used to have tinnitus but it went away many years ago. Hearing is great now (knock on wood). Last week I had some cardiac surgeon asshole trying to tell me to just take ibuprofen (for my chronic sternal pain). The only hospital my health insurance covers doesn't like to take out sternal wires. ("But what about all the published research showing it's low risk and highly effective?" Asshole: "I'm not going to argue about it." "...just take ibuprofen.")

Voted. Many fine tracks - Surge sounds good. A few tracks made use of it's unique features which was enjoyable.

Thanks to our fearless leaders, as always.

empphryio wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:40 pm Stay away from ibuprofen and related stuff if you can. (causes tinnitus and perhaps other hearing issues). I used to have tinnitus but it went away many years ago. Hearing is great now (knock on wood). Last week I had some cardiac surgeon asshole trying to tell me to just take ibuprofen (for my chronic sternal pain). The only hospital my health insurance covers doesn't like to take out sternal wires. ("But what about all the published research showing it's low risk and highly effective?" Asshole: "I'm not going to argue about it." "...just take ibuprofen.")
Which medications are ototoxic?
There are more than 200 medications and chemicals that are known to cause hearing and balance problems.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138949/

But what to do if you have chronic pain? Non ototoxic remedies are not easy or always effective.

voted. my cat soundcloud ate my homework comments, promise. perhaps one or two managed to stick.

I am now done too. Overall I think this is an above-average month with everyone making some very competitive tracks.

Voted.

liqih wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 pm
empphryio wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:40 pm Stay away from ibuprofen and related stuff if you can. (causes tinnitus and perhaps other hearing issues). I used to have tinnitus but it went away many years ago. Hearing is great now (knock on wood). Last week I had some cardiac surgeon asshole trying to tell me to just take ibuprofen (for my chronic sternal pain). The only hospital my health insurance covers doesn't like to take out sternal wires. ("But what about all the published research showing it's low risk and highly effective?" Asshole: "I'm not going to argue about it." "...just take ibuprofen.")
Which medications are ototoxic?
There are more than 200 medications and chemicals that are known to cause hearing and balance problems.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138949/

But what to do if you have chronic pain? Non ototoxic remedies are not easy or always effective.
Sorry I don't really know. Anti-inflammatory diet may help. Fruit, berries.

Voted. Sorry for the delay - it's been hectic with a new baby + technology is failing me.

Return to “Instruments”