One Synth Challenge #181: Surge (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

silverpants wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:04 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:42 pm +++ Submisison +++

Blue Glowing Man Dance Experience 2024

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/blue ... ience-2024

It has passed the Headphone/Speaker/Car and Wife-Tapping-Foot-Test. Lacks "composition" as always ... ha ha ha.

Details to be added later.
Superb sound and attention to detail - as always Peter.
I'm curious though - why do you always submit half way through the month? Why do you not use the full time given to produce the song? Just curious :)
He he he ... I'm working on two or three other none-OSC tracks ins parallel. That is one reason.
Second reason is a "stop starting start finishing" thinking I try to apply. In the past I tweaked, twiddled and fiddled for 30 days, most often making things worse and worse with each iteration... Now I go: release it!
Third reason specifically for Surge XT rounds... being top on the playlist gives you opportunity to get listeners. The Surge Team often links the list on their website. And lists are populated first come first serve ... and visitors of Surge Website just click first one or two songs...just check out the stats of previous Surge XT rounds ;-)
Fourth: OSCers can already listen and make up their minds ... I know, there's the risk of "newer/not yet hard sounds more impressive" but I take the risk.
Fifth: Gives you the opportunity to alreay povide feedback if you like.
Sixth: Scares people by how fast I can be (kidding)

Lately the list hasn't been ordered based on submission time it seems FYI. Seems to be random and then after voting tabulation they have it in order of placement I think at least for the first 10 or 15.

Is it possible to modulate an OSC volume by velocity so that it goes from 0 to 100% only il the last 27 steps? (so always at 0 for velocity<100 then rises till 100% for velocity=127)?
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Yes, you can use a MSEG with disabled rate. Modulate it's phase with velocity and the OSC vol with the MSEG.

In the MSEG you draw your mapping shape.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 131511.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris-S wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm Yes, you can use a MSEG with disabled rate. Modulate it's phase with velocity and the OSC vol with the MSEG.
Thanks!
It almost works, but the note with vel=127 doesn't plays....

This is the MSEG
mseg.jpg
the last three notes are silent
pattern.jpg
what am i doing wrong?

(my example preset here on dropbox)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh I bet phase 1 wraps to zero. If you place a blip at zero of height one does it work? If so we can fix that In rate stop mode

I guess your modulation value to phase is a bit to high.

baconpaul wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm Oh I bet phase 1 wraps to zero. If you place a blip at zero of height one does it work?
Yup, it works.
baconpaul wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm If so we can fix that In rate stop mode
i'm not undersanding you :)

Chris-S wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:55 pm I guess your modulation value to phase is a bit to high.
It says 100.00%.

Parduz wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:02 pm i'm not undersanding you :)
I think what is meant is to prevent the phase overflow.

Parduz wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:02 pm
baconpaul wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm Oh I bet phase 1 wraps to zero. If you place a blip at zero of height one does it work?
Yup, it works.
baconpaul wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm If so we can fix that In rate stop mode
i'm not undersanding you :)
I meant we can fix that in surge 1.3.2

But for now yeah set your rate mod depth to 99.98 and it will work I bet

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/kvr-osc-surge

Made in 4/3 @ 138 BPM
8 Instances Surge
Golden slew, purest gain, DC filter, ReaEq, Mackity, Dragonfly Room Reverb, reaeq, Buttercup, Desk4, Fircomp, Acceleration 2, loudmax, Purest gain, rs met multi analyser, Youlean, Span
Tdr Nova, minus delay
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Submission: The anachronistic tales of a washed up barfly continue...

https://soundcloud.com/neverbeeninariot/barfly-skank

Surge XT (14)

Reaper 7

Track FX: CHOW Tape Model (3), JSFX MIDI Note Filter (6), ReaComp (10), ReaEQ (11), ReaLimit, TAL Reverb 4, TDR Molotok, TDR Nova, Venn Free Clip 2

Send FX: Sixth Sample Deelay, TAL Reverb 4, Surge XT (audio in), ReaEQ, ReaComp

Stereo BUS: CHOW Tape Model, Blue Cat Gain, TDR Nova, VladG Limiter #6, ReaLimit, Cockos Loudness Meter.
Last edited by neverbeeninariot on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Eauson wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 am Made in 4/3 @ 138 BPM
8 Instances Surge
[...]
Hi - Just noticed that your track doesn't have downloads enabled - I think it's mandatory for OSC. :phones:

Return to “Instruments”