Softube VCA Compressor for free (limited time)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the title says :)

https://www.softube.com/products/free

I believe even it being free, you'll need an iLok account for the license anyway.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

You do

System requirements
Monterey 12, Ventura 13, Sonoma 14
Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
Softube account
iLok account
Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)

It's a nice compressor anyway. I had to pay for it :lol:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

iLok is always a no-go.

wvshpr wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:25 am iLok is always a no-go.
iLok has always worked fine for me... not using a dongle, just cloud/PC authentication

For discussion about iLok go here

thanks for the tip.

Phil999 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:37 pm thanks for the tip.
You're more than welcome.
I'm just the messenger . :ud:

thank you!!! glad to have gotten this one for free. i was debating getting it not long ago. my luck! what a good day.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Its actually a very good compressor, a lot of character (DBX160?), very generous.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is definitely a nice plugin. Already have it from the bundle. It's got a very nice 'drive' feature that sounds pleasant on almost anything, even if you don't want to use the compression itself. Lovely plugin!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Glad this was posted in another thread as well, caught it last night. Getting 2 or 3 Softube emails per day, but they won’t send one for giving away a plugin for free. I like Softube, but this is disappointing, like they are trying to keep it quiet, maybe they’ll still send one…nice of them to give it away though.

I’ve wanted the Icons collection as well but only updated FET on a good sale so far, so adding this for free is great, used it a bit today and am liking it.

I was getting lots of emails too, then I bought Model 82 on the $19 sale*, and the emails stopped. So they have some strange practices, or a bad marketing platform.

*Gotta love when the plugin costs less than the transfer fee.

That's a nice plugin, has cool punch and kinda draggy release in the medium-to-fast range.
But why they had to make attack and release knobs so small? It's nice that the GUI is resizeable, but if I enlarge it so the attack and release are comfortable, the plugin takes half of my screen. And I'm complaining because here attack and release settings affect the tone very dramatically.

What does the “Punch” switch do?
Switch between hard and soft knee?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”