Kontakt 7 installing libraries is a nightmare

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get an invalid location error.

And then when I install in the default location I get an error message after it downloads..
WTF?

I saw the solution on Native's site but it makes no sense.

It says I have to locate a nicht??? file.

WTF,how can you locate a nicht file when it does not install anyway??

It's the farging Kontakt FActor Library 2 I am having enormous problems with.

It's downloaded it so my C drive has covid and only 60 gb left but I can't install the bastard or delete wherever it is hiding and start again.

Native Access,poo installer.

All my other installers are fine.

I uninstalled every Native item on my PC.

Rebooted and reinstalled Native Access and redownloaded Kontakt 7 and the Kontakt Factory Library 2.

Got an error "Installation failed,error while mounting disc image"

Now what do I do?

What shit software!

It's redownloading it for the 5th time.

If I knew Kontakt was this bad,I never would have bought it.

Even Sampletank 4 installs better than this garbage.

Why do I keep getting errors?

When my SSD has other libraries on it that work fine?

Downloaded again on PC ,windows 11.

Error again FFS.

"Installation failed"

What a joke!

What a waste of money sigh.

Uninstalling until they fix the shitty Native Access installer .

Native Access broken on Windows 11.

I removed every registry entry related to Native Instruments,then rebooted.

Installed Native Access and installed all.

Every instrument fails to install.

I see the download location ,NOTHING in there at all.

This is BS.

I had very similar issues (in regards to failed installation and mounting issues) and was only able to "fix" it by attempting to download the library/plugin again on Native Access, then (on Windows) go to this folder:

C:\Users\Public\Downloads

You should hopefully find the ISO or installation file in question being downloaded here. So, once the file has finished downloading (there should only be the .ISO left) and Native Access lists it as "Installing", quickly copy and paste this downloaded files somewhere else, like on your desktop or something.

The reason being is that once Native Access inevitably fails to install the file, it just permanently deletes whatever it just downloaded which is (in my opinion) frustrating behavior.

Now that you have the actual installation file, you can do a manual installation yourself by mounting the image (which modern Windows should support natively if you double click the ISO) and then running the included setup. If the ISO is in multiple parts, you might have to extract all of them to a new folder.

I've had to do this quite a few times, and once you reboot Native Access it can act confused and may take a few reboots for it to even activate your manually installed software. It's a bother, since registry cleaning, manual deletion, Native Instruments Uninstall Tool all did nothing to help except for this manual method.

I've installed Kontakt 7 Player onto at least four Win11 computers and never had even the slightest problem. In fact, now that Native Access allows you to "locate file", instead of insisting you download everything from scratch every time, it's been an even better experience. Maybe it's a bug or a corrupted file on their server or something?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ChristopherWD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:43 pm I had very similar issues (in regards to failed installation and mounting issues) and was only able to "fix" it by attempting to download the library/plugin again on Native Access, then (on Windows) go to this folder:

C:\Users\Public\Downloads

You should hopefully find the ISO or installation file in question being downloaded here. So, once the file has finished downloading (there should only be the .ISO left) and Native Access lists it as "Installing", quickly copy and paste this downloaded files somewhere else, like on your desktop or something.

The reason being is that once Native Access inevitably fails to install the file, it just permanently deletes whatever it just downloaded which is (in my opinion) frustrating behavior.

Now that you have the actual installation file, you can do a manual installation yourself by mounting the image (which modern Windows should support natively if you double click the ISO) and then running the included setup. If the ISO is in multiple parts, you might have to extract all of them to a new folder.

I've had to do this quite a few times, and once you reboot Native Access it can act confused and may take a few reboots for it to even activate your manually installed software. It's a bother, since registry cleaning, manual deletion, Native Instruments Uninstall Tool all did nothing to help except for this manual method.
Nothing in that folder,just empty.

This is a complete balls up by Native Instruments.

They can get NINCT!

Native Access downloads the files but then deletes the downloaded file straight after with a could not install message,failed to mount image.

This is ridiculous.

I did install originally all the free stuff before I bought Kontakt 7.
It was after I bought Kontakt 7 is when the shit hit the fan.

Now I can't install anything on Native Access.

:ud: :(

Smasha wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 am I did install originally all the free stuff before I bought Kontakt 7.
It was after I bought Kontakt 7 is when the shit hit the fan.

Now I can't install anything on Native Access.

:ud: :(
I had a similar experience. It basically took me 3 days to install Lores and Fables, I let it download for a few nights, wasn't progressing and somehow one morning it was done.
I hope I won't have to go to the process again...
The whole setup is about 200GB which is big but not gigantic. My kids download bigger video games in there devices and under the same network much much faster....

I only bought Kontakt 7.

Even IK Multimedia's product installer is easier.

The trouble is Native Access deletes the iso files.

The ISO files are there in public downloads but get removed as soon as the error comes up "error mounting disk image"

So I am screwed.

I already tried the registry fix but it does sweet faark all.

Who took over NI?

Donald Trump or Chris Roberts?

Never had any problems with Kontakt installs failing, or any of the Kontakt libraries in the 15+ years I've owned it.

Some people are just lucky, I guess? :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”