Sergey MUZARKS - Phantom tip

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
Been pissing around for days trying to get a similar fuzzy bassy groove as in the beginning of this track without success. I still think it must be groove, delay and automation or shaping of certain envelope parameter be it filter, amp or something else, maybe the third note with pitch bend or delay or something but no success trying to emulate it using diva, not that fussed about the particular sound even though it's super cool more than the shape and the way it grooves all through the track. Any ideas be massively appreciated thankyou

It's a saw wave bass that is high-passed at the start and then the filter is taken off later on
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

:pray: Omg its that easy hahaha ive managed to get a similar thing going on albeit much cruder sounding but ive got it.. I think its sidechaining the low end and not the highs with like a lfo tool or that cheap flux one, and yeah he's low passed and a hi shelf at the beginning ?easy as that... good tune tho and maybe automating the gain or mix levels of the lfo tool or compressor. . to give the sidechaing low end some movement sounds brilliant everything works sooo well together.. practice huh

Like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hahaha you're WAY overthinking it. A simple EQ with no sidechaining is the "traditional" way.
There's nothing wrong with what you did and if it sounds good, its good.

But the logic behind using a filter or an eq is because you can make build-ups or break downs with that filter/eq
you could do less and less sidechaining to slowly introduce the lower frequencies but you're kinda reinventing the wheel.

But there are no rules so feel free to do what sounds best to you :)
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Thanks... I over think everything ha and had a lot of on and off time over the years so kinda know most of it all but not fully implementing but it's good I'm doing it everyday now. I just saw this video earlier on parrell chain with highpass and low pass and sidechaining the low. I think it might depend on where your bass notes are.. If there's one just before the kick.. Still not quite sure what pattern and or swing or delay Sergeys using but it definitely gets that track grooving. On my one I'm not sure like it might sound better sidechaining it all than the lows but the low sidechain introduces another groove to the same sound. Just having difficulty muting automation without losing it but yeah I think in Sergeys track I can hear a similarlity with mine after I've filtered the high end off lfo tool like a kinda techno two tone sub bass. It's all just mostly mixing really ha every effect now has eq.. Does sound great now tho filtering the low end off the bass for the intro with some high shelf suppose it would sound better with a saw le you say.. Think I've been using a square. I'll start a new one tmrw and I'll try a supersaw and try and get everything locked before I start arranging.. But yeah I think he might have split them and using a faster sidechain on the high end like a 1/8 instead of quarter but yeah I'm overthinking again but he's making some total bangers there's a few other ones he's done like 8 9 out of 10
. Eclipse and endless borders... Bangers man

Return to “Sound Design”