Speedrum 2 is here! public beta
https://www.apisonic-audio.com/

v2.0.0 What's new:
+ 64 Pads with 16 Layers
+ Pads and Layers Mixer
+ Pad EQ and Filter envelope
+ Layer MSEG Volume envelope
+ Buses system with Mixer and Bus FX
+ Note Sequencer with patterns, randomization, recording...
+ New Browser with unlimited favorites, file filter...
+ huge number of smaller additions and improvements

The beta version is available for download and purchase.
While it is in beta, the price is €59, while the regular price will be €99.
The upgrade for v1 owners is €25, for everyone who bought v1 a month ago, i.e. after February 1, 2024, the upgrade is free.

Speedrum v2 has a different signature than v1, which means that v2 does not replace v1 in existing host states, you can have both installed and used at the same time.

update 14.03.2024
beta 3

fixed ladder filter initialization
fixed (linux) mouse misbehavior on mseg points
fixed not preserving window size on gui reopening
fixed sequencer playback when host is looping on some hosts
fixed pattern midi drag&drop to host on Logic (on Arm)
fixed resetting seq params on new kit
fixed save/load seq params state
fixed pad import through internal browser
fixed layer has no sound after slice
load sequencer state by default on kit load
dsp optimizations

update 21.03.2024
beta 4

fixed stopping seq processing
fixed random stopping processing on some hosts
fixed setting mode on cc map loading
fixed pad rendering misbehavior
fixed filter envelope times
fixed pads multi editing for some params
fixed pads multi selection stays on window reopen
dsp optimizations

Wow, amazing! I hadn't seen this one coming :)
Looking forward to try that sequencer!
Last edited by sinkmusic on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

As for the Sequencer, it is far from final, but I think it is a very good basis for further development

That's a solid, formidable update there. Thanks---

apisonic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:35 am As for the Sequencer, it is far from final, but I think it is a very good basis for further development
This is really very good, the closest thing to GURU/Geist I've seen.

Random thoughts as I'm playing with it:
A shift forwards/Backwards for the not just individual Pads but the entire SEQ page would be good.
I initially missed a Seq Step pitch modifier alongside the Vel/Prob/Rep/Offsets but then found the excellent Humanize section.
And being able to sequence the send FX alongside the Vel/Prob etc to throw steps to them would be awesome.
The reverb is Bad.

There's a bug when initially activating the filter on a pad - Windows 11, running in Live 12
Activate filter on a pad.
Switch from Analog LP 12 to Ladder LP 12 = Silence.
Switch to Ladder LP 24 then back to Ladder LP 12 = Working.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Brittlestem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 am This is really very good, the closest thing to GURU/Geist I've seen.
Thanks
Brittlestem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 am A shift forwards/Backwards for the not just individual Pads but the entire SEQ page would be good.
The buttons in the header of the sequencer work for the whole pattern what the buttons on the pad line do for the pad, they look the same.
Brittlestem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 am And being able to sequence the send FX alongside the Vel/Prob etc to throw steps to them would be awesome.
Interesting idea
Brittlestem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 am There's a bug when initially activating the filter on a pad - Windows 11, running in Live 12...
Thanks for reporting it

This looks great, only had a brief play but works perfectly so far on Linux ubuntustudio.

To be fair, when I use Speedrum 1, 9/10 times it is to take a loop, slice it and assign it to drum pads...
I find the way to do it currently clumsy (you either have to pre choose slicer tab, slice it, then remember the key command to send each slice to a different pad..... or send to Slice layer)....I find that a bit clumsy and when I dont' use speedrum for a month or two (which is often the case) i have to try and remember what the procedure was again.
I was hoping more for a workflow improvements that features in v2.. maybe they will come.. maybe a simple command to slice and send to pads would help me.
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

apisonic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 am Speedrum 2 is here! public beta
https://www.apisonic-audio.com/

v2.0.0 What's new:
+ 64 Pads with 16 Layers
+ Pads and Layers Mixer
+ Pad EQ and Filter envelope
+ Layer MSEG Volume envelope
+ Buses system with Mixer and Bus FX
+ Note Sequencer with patterns, randomization, recording...
+ New Browser with unlimited favorites, file filter...
+ huge number of smaller additions and improvements

The beta version is available for download and purchase.
While it is in beta, the price is €59, while the regular price will be €99.
The upgrade for v1 owners is €25, for everyone who bought v1 a month ago, i.e. after February 1, 2024, the upgrade is free.

Speedrum v2 has a different signature than v1, which means that v2 does not replace v1 in existing host states, you can have both installed and used at the same time.
Oh WOW!!! There is a new Drum Sampler King in Linux!!!! :D I no longer need to wait for DrumGizmo to get HiDPI, and TAL-Drum and Speedrum are no longer neck and neck! I am SO excited about this!!!! I've wanted a drum sampler that gives me more layers for a few years now! Congratulations on this!!!!! I'll be upgrading from version 1 to version 2 very, very soon! :D
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Instant buy. Awesome. MIDI out too, so very happy with this.

Minor bug report - If I'm synced with Bitwig, and Bitwig set to loop whilst I work on a drum sequence, there's a phasing or something on the first beat when the (Bitwig) loop restarts.

Does the file filter recursively traverse through directories?

zvenx wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:16 pm To be fair, when I use Speedrum 1, 9/10 times it is to take a loop, slice it and assign it to drum pads...
I find the way to do it currently clumsy (you either have to pre choose slicer tab, slice it, then remember the key command to send each slice to a different pad..... or send to Slice layer)....I find that a bit clumsy and when I dont' use speedrum for a month or two (which is often the case) i have to try and remember what the procedure was again.
I was hoping more for a workflow improvements that features in v2.. maybe they will come.. maybe a simple command to slice and send to pads would help me.
Thanks
rsp
Yes, you're right, Slicer hasn't received any major improvements yet, but it will for sure in the future

apisonic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:54 pm .....
Yes, you're right, Slicer hasn't received any major improvements yet, but it will for sure in the future
Much appreciated.
rsp
sound sculptist

mdstudio wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:38 pm Does the file filter recursively traverse through directories?
Currently not, for now it filters the names of files and subfolders of the active folder, not taking into account the contents of the subfolders

apisonic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:07 pm Currently not, for now it filters the names of files and subfolders of the active folder, not taking into account the contents of the subfolders
Any plans to change that? That's one of my issues with TAL Drum... It would allow searching for e.g. all snares across different sample packs.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”