VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trash

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am
gulugulufish wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:24 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:31 am
gulugulufish wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:51 am did they add any new impulse responses?
Trash 2 was 100, the new Trash is 600.

Love the new UI. Incredibly fast to dial in and tweak a sound.

Only gripe - wish they made auto level a global setting. Kinda worthless when you trash it (!) by loading a different preset.
This actually makes me more interested in it because I think the unique impulse responses are to me the most appealing thing. Need more fun IRs!
"Trash 2 was 100, the new Trash is 600."

I wonder if this is correct - Trash 2 included (lately free of charge) several expansions, on addition to the factory presets.
524 IRs in the Trash 2 collection on my drive.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am Trash 2 included (lately free of charge) several expansions, on addition to the factory presets.
Got any links? I can't find anything free ...
iZotope may have changed their policy.
A couple of years ago, if I remember correctly, when you purchased the Trash 2 or a bundle included Trash 2, the expansions were included.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am Trash 2 included (lately free of charge) several expansions, on addition to the factory presets.
A couple of years ago, if I remember correctly, when you purchased the Trash 2 or a bundle included Trash 2, the expansions were included.
They seem to be in Trash (3) but no idea if they sound 100% the same - I suspect not all would

On PB it was sold with all the expansion packs for like 10$ when in sale. It's discontinued now so no link.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Although I might know the answer - is Trash 3, beside setting back the abandon timer, offering anything new in comparison to Trash 2 in terms of features?

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 am
Looks like you can still get Classic Textures and Edge packs for T2 via the Dropbox link from their support page below. Just right click the zip and save-as. https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ion-failed

SamDi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 pm Although I might know the answer - is Trash 3, beside setting back the abandon timer, offering anything new in comparison to Trash 2 in terms of features?
The XY pad looks nifty.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:50 pm
SamDi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 pm Although I might know the answer - is Trash 3, beside setting back the abandon timer, offering anything new in comparison to Trash 2 in terms of features?
The XY pad looks nifty.
Some features have been retired. Besides that, it's new and shiny, what most people want.

rod_zero wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:58 am LOL companies are now cutting features in updates of older ones, we have come full circle.
And they advertise it like the comeback of a legend and as if they listened to their fans asking for it.

:nutter:

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:50 pm
The XY pad looks nifty.
Some features have been retired. Besides that, it's new and shiny, what most people want.
Feature-wise it's such a downgrade that I think you could accurately say that most features have been retired.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

It seems so different from v2, that it might as well be an entirely different plugin (maybe they should have given it a different name). I'm keeping both installed, and considering the purchase price as more of a loyalty side-grade.

This feels so much like Iris to me...
All we need is the fatal bug they refuse to fix now...

I think understand how this works.
If you tell them you like bugs they'll probably remove them.
If you tell them you don't like bugs they'll add them.
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

30$usd isnt bad though. Snagged it. If my esp is on point, which it usually is.
Then i think they will probably slowly with every payed update/upgrade start to add back Trash 2's awesome features.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Return to “Effects”