Best free 303 synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes I can get close to the acid sounds with my synths but wanted the specific 303 sound. The softube sh101 is great and compliments the 303 sound really well but that has its own acid character.

Tal Bassline. It is sort of an SH-101 model, but tbh this bakes in the 303 sound to a large degree mainly due to the -18dB LPF.

simpic wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:50 pm Yes I can get close to the acid sounds with my synths but wanted the specific 303 sound.
Then you need to pay

There’s only one, but it’s paid: D16 Phoscyon 2
Wait until a sale and grab it. You won’t be disappointed.
At the beginning of something beautiful...

Yooz BL-303 (free) has just been updated with a few tweaks.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/yooz-musi ... -3-0-60281

The freeware Dolphin by Signaldust is also a very interesting clone. The saw is great the square not so much but drive the saw through a distortion plugin and you can get some very nice 303ish tones.

Sadly the plugin is not available through the official developer as the site is not working but search around some familiar vst databases (like plugins4free and the likes) and you will find it. Worth a try imho and there is a 64bit version available which makes it a plus.

PS: I have a TD-3 also, for the money you can't go wrong with this. It's pretty close and has a build in distortion unit expanding the tone range.

Return to “Instruments”