Which Beyerdynamic headphones?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We should all post pics of our dusty, chocolate-covered HW.

SG's pic is a total winner! Love the Karaoke Move Hits Collection CD too :love:
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

These forums are f**king hysterical

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 am
kmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:59 pm As I said I am now a Neumann user but to say Beyerdynamic is not high quality in my experience is a false statement.
Well it isn't a false statement, when i have a broken one after just a couple of years of normal wear and tear.

IMG_20240314_075257432.jpg
Normal wear and tear? Both your headphones and keyboard look really filthy... That's not just some dust on them...

I don't believe that you can say you are looking after these things.

_leras wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:04 am
kmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:59 pm As I said I am now a Neumann user but to say Beyerdynamic is not high quality in my experience is a false statement.
Well it isn't a false statement, when i have a broken one after just a couple of years of normal wear and tear.

Normal wear and tear? Both your headphones and keyboard look really filthy... That's not just some dust on them...

I don't believe that you can say you are looking after these things.
It is normal wear-and-tear, in this room, with my ability/s and education. Anyway it isn't my fault, i'm disabled.

& anyway i already said the repair is a known about thing because they sell the repair kit for it.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. :tu:
pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 am That's really good to know, thanks. Your and cryophonik's suggestions are leaning me towards trying DT 880 Pro 250 Ohm, which is a good thing since that reduces a lot of confusion between two 7xx and two 9xx options.
I have the DT 880 Pro 250ohm and the 990 version.

They are both comfortable. I find the open back 990 gives me less ear fatigue after few hours of use. My studio is very quiet so I use open backs most of the time.
Okay, that's good to know. I am still deciding on one, especially not sure about going with open back or semi-open back. It's not urgent, but I would like to buy a new pair at the soonest.

I just think that Beyerdynamic's German engineering isn't as great as it's made out to be, for the price. I mean its not like i pissed on the headphones or kicked them around, i just used them normally, for a lot of hours every day. & its an old keyboard i got out of storage with nicotine stains on the keys! OMG

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:25 pm We should all post pics of our dusty, chocolate-covered HW.

singing Grease musical is my secret pleasure!

Spring Goose wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:25 pm We should all post pics of our dusty, chocolate-covered HW.

singing Grease musical is my secret pleasure!
My family took me to see the musical Grease in London a few months ago. Brilliant!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

--
Last edited by Spring Goose on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruh...

Can't beat a pair of these:

Nooooooo!!! :o Those are thought-control headphones! :borg: :borg: :borg:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

--
Last edited by Spring Goose on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So, I have concluded that I am OK with either semi-open or open back headphones. Since I have a separate studio bedroom, I think it would not be very different than listening to on speakers with the same ambient sound/noise around.

For semi-open back, I have DT 880 Pro 250 ohm as my choice.

For open back, based on comments here and elsewhere, I am hesitant about going Beyerdynamic route, and so thinking about one of the Sennheiser headphones - HD 560S, HD 600, or HD 650. I am not able to decide which one of these if I go for fully open-back. HD 560S would be probably the easiest of the three to drive using my audio interface and then HD 650 as it has better sensitivity. I don't want to buy a dedicated headphone amp outright as based on my research Komplete Audio 6 MK1 has one of the best headphone output specs I have seen for any audio interface and should drive any of these fairly well.

I listen to alternative-pop/rock, hip-hop, R&B, and electronic (not EDM) music.
I aim to produce beat-driven music (with/without my vocals, male) blending the same styles of music I listen to.

While I think it boils down to personal preference now, any last suggestions on which one would be the best as my first "open" type headphones would be appreciated. :)

Kept it simple and ordered Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 ohm headphones. Arriving tomorrow. I will get back with my first impressions soon.

If needed in the future, I can go fully open back between one of the Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic ones.

Thanks once again for your time and suggestions.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”