FIXED! Logic users: do NOT update to Mac OS 14.4 Sonoma yet! iLok problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mesmerised wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:07 pm
Sekops wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:53 am I raised a support request with Apple and they advised that they will not fix this issue in ‘older operating systems’ and provide only ‘limited support’ for Monterey now, less than 3 years after release. They highlighted that a resolution is available if updating to Sonoma.
Wow, that's bad news, Apple! :evil:
I still have an older machine running Monterey and it seemed to work better than Ventura (a total car crash in my tests...) or Sonoma.
Apple is starting to get really annoying. Just upgraded my Macbook pro 2020 from Catalina to Sonoma... Lots of hassle and problems... Argh!
Apple has always had this thing about "being annoying" for older gear:

Pay up and it'll be amazing. You're not on M1/2/3 and Sonoma? Sucks for you.

Though I will say this (running M1 Pro and Sonoma 14.4.1 and everything native- Rosetta 2 isn't even installed): This is the best computer I've ever had, with zero problems. It is indeed amazing!

I did skip 14.4 after reading about the iLok issues, but they have been resolved. And I don't remember the last time an update borked this bad, so it's very rare this actually happens.

Even with, I'll happily trade one update borking for almost 3 years of amazing performance!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

i was scared to leave Monterey for ages, when Sonoma was released i moved to Ventura with zero issues. People then told me Sonoma was virtually Ventura anyway, so i moved almost immediately to Sonoma, no problem. I don't use AU, so the recent debacle didn't affect me. I don't get what the hoo haa is about. Might suck if you were using say - Access Virus software or some old hardware that isn't being supported anymore, but that's always been Apple, nothing new there, that's why i use RME :P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”