FIXED! Logic users: do NOT update to Mac OS 14.4 Sonoma yet! iLok problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After updating my Mac mini M2 pro to mac OS Sonoma 14.4 my UA, Softube and SSL plugins stopped working in Logic 10.8.1. Logic validation crashes. In Rosetta mode plugins can be validated after loooong wait, but remain unusable. ("Plugin encountered a problem")

So, there seems to be a problem with the iLok protection. Interestingly enough, Eventide and Exponential Audio are still working. Also, everything works in Pro Tools.
Last edited by Mesmerised on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can confirm Soothe2, Inflator and all of the UADx plugins are not working.
Reinstalling of the plugins / and / or iLok doesn't do anything too.

Soundtoys and TC Electronics stuff is weirdly enough working tho (iLok protected as well).

Hope they'll resolve this ASAP

It just works!

Joking!

Thanks for sharing this, OP

Anyone done this OS update and still got UVI Shade working ok?

Was about to do a major OS update, maybe I’ll wait for a bit …
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Thankfully, I moved on from iLok'd stuff. R.I.P. UVI Falcon et al.

But this is a risk with every macOS update.

Never update on release date unless you only use the machine for productivity.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

That’s a f**king great idea!!

Thanks for taking the time to share even though you’ve now ditched iLok and said goodbye to UVI et al.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Sonoma seems to be a very troubled OS from what I've seen and heard so far. Maybe Apple will have it right with 14.5. With the latest update being over 4gb in size, I've been balking at installing it.

Thanks for the warning.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I received more than one email from developers advising of the problem. I think previously things were mostly fine. I’m still on Ventura. Not in a rush to move beyond that.

Mac OS upgrades have always been a 100% no go for audio applications. Never, EVER upgrade Mac OS to the newest, ever! I always stay at least a few major versions behind because Apple just doesn't care about the audio scene. They always f**k it up. Backwards compatibility is extremely low on the list of priorities when it comes to Apple. This should not be a surprise as it's historically how they have always operated.

Microsoft was traditionally the exact opposite. It was always at the very top of their priority list but unfortunately with Windows 11 they finally succumbed to the greed and have begun operating like Apple (and the rest of the industry).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

For whatever it’s worth I’m not having this problem. I only have a small amount of ilock plugins including some Universal Audio,Softube,Pulsar,Sountoys little plate and UVI workstation. All either machine activated or cloud activated. They all work fine in Logic,Fl studio and Bitwig. I wonder why it’s not affecting everyone

bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:15 am

Microsoft was traditionally the exact opposite. It was always at the very top of their priority list but unfortunately with Windows 11 they finally succumbed to the greed and have begun operating like Apple (and the rest of the industry).
No problems here with Win11, don't recall reading about any either.
Which problems are you referring too?

I'm surprised to hear this. I'm also one or two OS upgrade behind, but I thought most issues would have been sorted by now. Sonoma seems to be a quite problematic OS.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Of what I gathered, v14.3 is OK (the whole 14.x series is called Sonoma) and the bork is only since v14.4 which was released less than a week ago.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:00 am Of what I gathered, v14.3 is OK (the whole 14.x series is called Sonoma) and the bork is only since v14.4 which was released less than a week ago.
Got it. I always take it for granted that any x.0 or x.1 are big no-nos.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Until this is fixed, I think running your DAW in Rosetta resolves the issue.

deleted.
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”