FIXED! Logic users: do NOT update to Mac OS 14.4 Sonoma yet! iLok problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/03 ... ate-broke/

macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 released to fix the stuff that the 14.4 update broke

• Copy protected Audio Unit plug-ins designed for professional music apps may not open or pass validation
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Is it safe?

HA.
yeah i'm gonna wait.
14.4 is actually fine for me, Cubase/Live and VST2/3.

hopefully it solves Logic issues, good luck!!!

16" M1 Pro MBP here just updated to Sonoma 14.4.1 (skipped 14.4), can confirm that all iLok plugins work in Logic Pro 10.8.1.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

There is a thread on vi-control and uad's forum and people there are reporting that indeed 14.4.1 fixes the issue that came about in 14.4.

rsp
sound sculptist

It's fixed my problem with Kilohearts stuff as well
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

It's causing other issues according to this:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... ent-893109

I've been tempted to move off of Monterey, but I don't see the point, really. Not until the OS bugs are ironed out a bit more.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm It's causing other issues according to this:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... ent-893109

I've been tempted to move off of Monterey, but I don't see the point, really. Not until the OS bugs are ironed out a bit more.
Isn't that describing the Logic update, not this Sonoma one?

Yup. Nevermind. There was a thread there about 14.4.1 but I can't find it. :dog:

Carry on. Sorry.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

just got this email from oeksound.
Dear recipient,

I hope you're doing well.

AU validation bug in Sonoma 14.4 fixed

A few weeks ago, we were informed of a serious bug regarding AU plug-in validation in Logic Pro on M2/M3 Macs. The issue presented itself with macOS Sonoma 14.4, which involved security updates that temporarily broke compatibility of all iLok-licensed plug-ins in Logic Pro when running Logic in native mode. The immediate workaround was to use the Rosetta framework to run Logic in Intel mode.

We're happy to inform you that, as of March 25th, Apple has quickly fixed this issue with a minor update. Installing macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 from System Settings will clear this issue for M2/M3 users who work in Logic Pro. You can install the update and then un-check "Run via Rosetta" in the info panel for Logic Pro in Finder to go back to native mode.

As a friendly reminder, it is advisable to always take a Time Machine backup of your system right before installing an update, just in case an update breaks something and you need to revert back.

Confirming that macOS 14.4.1 fixed all usb related issues, including ilok 👍

Can someone recommend an updated and reliable Sonoma compatibility list?
I'm thinking of taking the jump.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:53 am Can someone recommend an updated and reliable Sonoma compatibility list?
You're going to jump from what MacOs version, using what hardware?
I think if you're on a 64-bit CPU with Big Sur or further (Monterey & Ventura) then nothing is expected to break.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 am
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:53 am Can someone recommend an updated and reliable Sonoma compatibility list?
I think if you're on a 64-bit CPU with Big Sur or further (Monterey & Ventura) then nothing is expected to break.
I‘m on Monterey / Mac Mini M1.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:31 am
BertKoor wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 am
I‘m on Monterey / Mac Mini M1.
I did that jump on an M1 Air and everything went smoothly. If anything, it seems a bit perkier. I only have a few M1 native plugins and no issues with them. Intel plugins have all been working terrifically.

Note: I have not yet installed 10.4.x.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”