Can the MC-101 run any Roland Cloud Patch?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi There, title says it all.

Can the MC-101 run any synth patch from the Roland Cloud or are there processing limitations?

Any help much appreciated. Chers, Ben

Do you mean soft synth mc101 to hard synth 101? ๐Ÿ˜‰

MFXxx wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:30 pm Do you mean soft synth mc101 to hard synth 101? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sorry for the confusion, I mean that if I create a patch using Zenology Pro (or find a ZenCore patch on Roland Cloud), will the hardware MC-101 be able to play it live?

i.e. are there any limitations on the hardware MC-101 which means it won't play a ZenCore patch for any reason? I'm looking for the cheapest and smallest ZenCore hardware player that has an arpeggiator.

Hope that makes more sense, sorry if I'm mixing up Roland Cloud, ZenCore, Zenlogy terms, I don't fully understand it yet.

I believe you can use any Zenology Pro created patch, with the exceptions of ones that use model or wave expansions. i.e. your wave would have to be inside one of the internal banks (INT-A, INT-B, INT-C). So if you build or use a patch and use a PCM sample from an extension, i.e. from Roland Cloud, i.e. "EXZ001 Stage Piano 1" - it won't play outside of Zenology Pro (or on hardware that supports wave or model expansions).

Thank you

Return to โ€œHardware (Instruments and Effects)โ€