WASAPI Support?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That is, all disadvantages with the old direct sound/ MME drivers that is pretty "delay-ish", also, according with my test, this driver (winmm.dll) has an issue with the CPU when the PC back to active from Sleep/suspend.
And ALSO, this has a limited resolution to 16 bit (my end is all minimum 24bit).

With WASAPI there's some advantages:
  • Low latency, the first motive to use :)
  • Respect the resolution of the hardware or windows settings (shared mode)
  • In exclusive mode, there could be even lower latency, and bit perfect stream.
  • In share mode is possible to work like MME without any issue.
MME / Direct sound advantages
  • Compatibility with old hardware (the only one, and makes less sense on today's PC)
  • No more.
I really don't know if this is on the FR but at least here I'm spotting some existing issues not mulab related although with windows user experience.

Use JACK (offers MME, DirectSound, ASIO, WASAPI, WDM and WDM-KS connections) and JackRouter (ASIO driver to link to JACK from ASIO apps -- multiple, if you like) if you want a wide range of audio I/O.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what I pointing here is the NOT having to download those tools for the same end.
Also, the reason for the topic is to get rid of the obsolete component that is MME.

JACK is a good replacement for having to download several other tools, of course, like replacement ASIO drivers, audio loopback software and so on. Moving support of the Audio subsystem out of MuLab and depending directly on JACK would free Jo up to concentrate on the core differentiators the make MuLab what it is, too.

Jack is a PITA to use:
  • cumbersome config (not for basic users)
  • unstable on windows,
  • will not work at the first
  • Needs some advance knowledge to use.
  • Good in Linux environment Yes, but not in Windows (Don't know mac)
WASAPI:
  • Fast and direct configuration, almost zero config.
  • can be use to route
  • perfect replacement to the current basic driver
Installed and tried to use...
Jckrouter ... lol what is this shit.png
I prefer to use FLEX ASIO, FL Studio ASIO (this one has a bug, so no use it.) Or ASIO4ALL (uses wasapi Exclusive, so, not for me)
But what I'm using and works like a charm is the ASIO driver from Reaper (ReAsio) which it has its advantages:
  • stable as rock
  • 32bit float point processing
  • many channels as you want
  • Lowest latency over the others
  • Enters the flexibility of the Reaper environment which can be used to analyze, record, loads FX... etc.
Disadvantages:
  • Depends to Reaper DAW to be open while using (ovbiously, this whas made for Reaper)
  • If a program that uses this driver, crashes, then could needs to restart the host (Reaper) due to some ... IDK things happens internally on memory...
  • Different Sample rate is not allowed in between different apps.
  • Some Apps don't get along well with this driver (like for example MIXXX that cause problems with other apps)

Dreaming that Mxx could have its own ASIO driver.... :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”