On the hunt - happy accident machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elassi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:31 pm Another suggestion: https://beatsurfing.com/audio-plugins/random/

It's even named "Random".
I have this one! I quite like it even though it isn't capable of a broad range of sounds.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:19 pm
Ircam ASAP Spectral Remix

:ud:
Free! That's my favorite price

I will say, demoing Baby BA-1 some more and it wasn't wowing me solo but I've tried in some actual mixes and it sits very nicely. And it's more in line with what I'm looking to spend at least at the sale price. Still, the search continues...

Have you tried Unfiltered Audio's LION? It has a randomizer and all of the BYOME effects https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _lion.html

Hate to suggest Serum, but the hybridise preset function can yield some interesting results...

swilow11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 am Hate to suggest Serum, but the hybridise preset function can yield some interesting results...
I have used serum for years and did not even know it had this feature. Thanks for the heads up I am going to have a look at this.

Toyboxaudio free bass synth Thump One has randomise/mutate functions by clicking on the plugin logo and shift-clicking the plugin logo, respectively.

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/thump-one

Samiver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:31 am
swilow11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 am Hate to suggest Serum, but the hybridise preset function can yield some interesting results...
I have used serum for years and did not even know it had this feature. Thanks for the heads up I am going to have a look at this.
Nice 👍 Probably 75% are not usable but I've had some happy accidents which can at least be built on fruitfully, and its actually just entertaining beyond its actually utility. Combining a simple plucky psytrance bass with a layered spooky atonal pad is not something I would have thought to do (and evidently with good reason 😀). The hybridise that preferentially builds from a chosen preset is generally the best option ime.

Haven't actually read this whole thread, but Baby Audio Transit and Tantra 2 randomise quite well. I don't use it much but I am to use Tantra 2 it's almost always at least 2/3 built via random, and even just the specific modules can be randomised usefully. The glitch/buffer thing is hard to creatively program as it's hard to predict (at least with the little time I've spent with it) but the randomise function is one way of making decisions I guess.

Wait for Dawesome Myth to come out. Never had that much fun programming a synth.

Abyss. Lets you keep all the settings and effects, while randomizing the oscillators, producing some nice quick results. Simple tweak of the effects can push things further. 8)
Yo Leroy!

Atlantis vst by jeremy evers...synth + fx, free, lots of randomizing possibilities...vst2 though

Triad by Unfiltered Audio.
Fight Apathy or don't.

HiEnergy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:28 pm Wait for Dawesome Myth to come out. Never had that much fun programming a synth.
Just watched a promo vid on YouTube. The sounds are really cool!
Fight Apathy or don't.

Return to “Instruments”