The guitar apocalypse is real

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly, I didn't realize there were so many TS fans in this thread. My bad...

To know her is to love her

When you find yourself in a hole, dig deeper!!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

dfghbsvegbdfg2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See what can happen when you horse around and hijack a thread? :uhuhuh:

I tried to steer it back, but...:shrug: :P :hihi:

tapper mike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:12 pm So I was watching this video.
bit late to the party but great vid, thanx for sharing. I think it rings true to studio gear generally. Ppl uploading half of their studio setup to Reverb expecting to get close to new prizes from used gear they list as mint and "from a dust free, pet free studio". It's weird but in some cases it was actually cheaper to buy a new instrument from an official vendor. Sure some things were out of stock but the worst case you just had to wait for 6 months.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That Tool guitarist has got quite a package, hung like a Shetland pony. Love it.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

The only people who are going to take a serious haircut from used guitars losing value is collectors. And I personally don't feel that bad for them.

People keep complaining about how guitar-based music is dying. While it descended from its peak, it's definitely not dying. Social media and Tik Tok (heaven forbid) have put guitarists before a lot of new eyes. A notable example being bands like Polyphia. Turns out if you play something fresher than blues or classic rock, kids will get excited about it.

And if you like guitar music, metal and hardcore are arguably having a huge renaissance. Every week I find new bands putting out fresh stuff. There's a million different styles to look into. And look how big bands like Lorna Shore have become, again partly due to social media. Obviously metal guitarists don't usually (with some exceptions) want your vintage Strat/Tele/LP, but that doesn't mean all guitars are losing value.

pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:01 pm As for TS, nice tits! :tu:
Yeah, but then again she told me that she's only into massive peckers, so you are completely out of luck mate...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:49 pm Wow, you guys cant take a joke today geez...
Wasn't funny, try again...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:11 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:49 pm Wow, you guys cant take a joke today geez...
Wasn't funny, try again...
That was weeks ago, get over it. I have :roll:
*Any complaints are lost on me anyway, since I'm an insensitive jerk. :neutral:

pekbro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:16 pm
That was weeks ago, get over it. I have :roll:
A bit of a fair point - sorry, didn't notice...

Sam Ash is closing all of it's stores.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Is that evidence of a guitar apocalypse or just the retail apocalypse in general? Or some degree of both?

Return to “Guitars”