I am getting KVR- 403 Forbidden and cant vist KVR

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am nut sure if this is related to Studio manager or just coincidence, but on the one computer I tried Studio Manager on (I have now deleted it) I can no longer access KVR- just a white screen saying 403 Forbidden. I have done all the usual cookie/cashe rests etc...

Any ideas (or am I on the wrong track thinking Studio manager caused it?)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

the site now seems to be using cloudflare for protection: I'd guess it has blacklisted your current IP for whatever reason (which could well be studio manager accesses). it'll need to be cleared by the admins.

We've used Cloudflare since 2016!

SLiC, could you PM or email (ben@kvr...) the IP address of the computer that is reporting 403 forbidden.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:01 pm We've used Cloudflare since 2016!

SLiC, could you PM or email (ben@kvr...) the IP address of the computer that is reporting 403 forbidden.
Done, thanks
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I had this the other day, deleted my cookies and it was fine after.

Thanks to SLiC for sending your IP.

It appears to be related to the new Google Adsense cookie consent pop-up we added a few days ago. The value generated and stored in the cookie can, depending on its value, cause an issue on the back-end, triggering a mod_security cross site scripting rule and consequently failing with a 403 forbidden error.

Clearing KVR cookies should fix it though. I'll continue to investigate.

DMG68 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm I had this the other day, deleted my cookies and it was fine after.
Same. Happened to me yesterday on my iPad and simply clearing the cookies from that day solved it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:32 pm Thanks to SLiC for sending your IP.

It appears to be related to the new Google Adsense cookie consent pop-up we added a few days ago. The value generated and stored in the cookie can, depending on its value, cause an issue on the back-end, triggering a mod_security cross site scripting rule and consequently failing with a 403 forbidden error.

See here: viewtopic.php?p=8868082#p8868082

Experiencing the same since a few days.

Deleting the cookies/website data of the "kvraudio.com" site was enough to fix it. Didn't clear the cookies from "www.kvraudio.com", which is present in the website data as well, for some reason.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:01 pm We've used Cloudflare since 2016!
...and it's become more obtrusive in recent weeks.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:32 pm Thanks to SLiC for sending your IP.

I found it- there were about 7 different cookies against KVR on edge including one form google- manually deleting them individual did it (note I had already tried delete all cookies but that didn't do it)- Fixed!

I've deployed a possible fix. Let me know if the problem persists (anyone).

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:35 pm I've deployed a possible fix. Let me know if the problem persists (anyone).
Sorry to say, but, the problem persists. I just had it again.

I had it also on my smartphone this morning. On my desktop computer it works fine.

I was getting this error yesterday for a couple of hours on one of my mobile phones. I deleted my browsing history, and everything started working again.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 pm
Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:35 pm I've deployed a possible fix. Let me know if the problem persists (anyone).
Sorry to say, but, the problem persists. I just had it again.
Same, just happened a minute ago (Safari on iOS).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Site Stuff”