[Trance] Probably

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mixing feedback is welcome ...

https://soundcloud.com/euphoric-feel/probably

Bump

Mix sounds a little "bright" to me. Might be the SC audio conversion tho' ...

It did sound quite bright (lots of HF) during the riser from 0:30-0:59 when the filter was opening, with some possibly delayed/reverbed percussion, and later when the arps were possibly sidechained. Maybe you could try decreasing the effect a little, or tighten up the LPF a little.

Regarding the SoundCloud streaming encoder, try to keep your peak amplitudes below -1dB, try to restrict LF to above approx. 35-40 Hz, and HF to below approx. 16kHz. It may also be worth narrowing the stereo width of your high freqs too.
I'm not sure whether this would apply to this track. It may be that you have already looked at this. It's "ideal world" advice, and I don't always follow it precisely, but it's good to keep it in mind.

Good work :)

ITs good, enjoyed it. Mixing: saw pad in the background I'd turn down and let the arp shine through more.
As it is, the pad is hogging the frequencies so the mix sounds crowded.

Good hint, I will do this. Thanks.

I'm not much of a DJ but I'd wager that this has Probably been mixed well, if I take my ears advice. It's a nice song I could see in a club :clap:

Thank you... :-)

kvruser1000,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: I didn't feel the drums fit with the synths in the beginning (the first 30 seconds) very well (but on second listen, I was more OK with them), but later on (after 30 seconds) I feel the drums work well. The synths all sound quite nice. The mix is pretty good (just a teensy bit more high frequencies than I like). Nice song/melodies. What state or country are you from?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thank you. Yes, I will bring the high frequencies of the lead a bit down later. I am from Germany.

So, I corrected the high frequencies of the main lead and the stereo width of the pad. Some tweaks on the falling sub kick at the end, too. What do you think?

kvruser1000,
Without listening back to back, hard to say for sure, especially since my hearing doesn't seem entirely consistent. I would say it seems like a slight improvement overall to me. Your: "Bigger Than Life" song sounds nice to me.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately, I don't have the old version. In my project folder cleaning ambitions I always delete the old version to have it well sorted. Thank you for listening to "Bigger Than Life".

Not too bad, but needs a little fine tuning in terms of mix and may be composition.
I think the bdr, subbass, low mid bass, which drive trance tracks, need to be a little bit more prominent. I don't say to add only bass frequencies with this recommendation by the way ... the trick is to add harmonics to the bass stuff to make it audible even in low mids. That would btw help for listening on phone speakers. I think you can find some tutorial videos on that on yt...
After the base of your track drives like hell, you can add your Arps and stuff on top.
--
Plugin recommendations. I love to use Auburn Lense and LoudMax in my master. Lense is an up to 64 band compressor which helps to even the spectrum a bit. And with LoudMax you can make it loud up to an desired level in a transparent fashion.
--
if you like you can return the favor of giving fb here: viewtopic.php?p=8868182#p8868182

Nice instrumentalwith joyful mood.

Return to “Music Cafe”