Rick Beato interviewing the great George Benson!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rick Beato should have a national TV show.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Rick’s YouTube approach has a personality that would be lost if it was more formal.
He visits Abbey Road Studios with like a selfie stick!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Literally the only YouTube channel I follow. Not only great interviews and a graceful and polite approach, also lots of knowledge and very interesting harmonic/melodic dreakdowns, song analysis.

beato: "hello george, nice to have me here. did i mentioned that my son has the prefect pitch?"
benson: "heres my supercool new ibanez!"

I wanted a Ibanez GB for decades. I got a lot of sh*t for wanting one so bad. Finally I got one and... freaking hated the nut width. It was impossible to play an open C chord and have all the notes ring out. Still it was a GB and as soon as I upped the string gauge all that GB goodness shown through. But that damn 17 inch pitch on the headstock was it's undoing. Leaned the guitar against something only for a minute. Slipped and snapped that neck.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

He turns up in some unusual places, in this case on Mindscape with physics professor Sean Carroll;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g13-7RI5IoM

It was good, and a break from the usual fare of quarks, bosons and (non-geetar) super-strings.

Return to “Guitars”