Visco sample-modeling drum machine by Forever 89

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just playing the demo,this is sick! :D

What, now one is going to complain about the price? Or how this is from Teenage engineering hipster land and how Geist 2 was the better drum plugin?

Is KVR asleep?

Now THAT is a delicious sounding bit of DSP.

Interesting. Wanted to check the demo but get trojan warning... It's not that common lately so I'm a bit concerned.
Music, just like tortilla, is no fun without a bit of "cheese". :clown:
soundcloud.com/vertlain

I think this sounds really good but wondering if mine is bugged. Moving the blob feels really awful and frustrating, like it's supposed to be a blob that you can move and adjust right ? It does not feel like I can do that in a responsive and consistent way and am wondering if there could just be a non-gimmicky mode with knobs and faders. I'm suspecting it's a gpu bug or something but even changing the theme to the 2d mode it still feels like I'm doing nothing. Sounds f**king incredible tho.

That's neat. I hope there's access to the underlying parameters too. Still, it's probably grand with just what's in the video.

I am very responsibly going to demo it before I buy it. How many Europeans to dollars these days?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

This is more like microtonic than I realised, it's really good so far from a play with the demo. An 'advanced ' screen would be good, but it's a solid v1.

Vertlain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:01 pm Interesting. Wanted to check the demo but get trojan warning... It's not that common lately so I'm a bit concerned.
Definitely no malware. The synth sounds great. Smoothest sample re synthesis I've heard in a vst. Can't successfully check out on the webstore for some reason though. Also a few missing features that any drum kit should have. I'd love to see onboard resampling and per sound modulators also. Still, this thing is amazing!!
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

The blob isn't as responsive as I would've thought. It takes quite a bit of mousing to get it to move more than a little even with the tool size at max. Still, it's fun. I need another drum machine like I need a hole in the head, but....

No sample preview when loading a sample, does not remember last used folder when browsing samples, but the main issue for me is the rather spectacular crashes when you dare to use modulation.
I will come back to this when it is a bit more mature.
Duh

There's an update with some crash fixes and resizable GUI now

What, now one is going to complain about the price?
Looking at their competitors, Air's DrumSynth (or name your favourite DSP synth drums)
No signed installer (why Windows panics) Bare bones template website.
Who are Forever 89 to justify the price point. Am I missing something?!
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

MJACau wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:29 pm
What, now one is going to complain about the price?
Looking at their competitors, Air's DrumSynth (or name your favourite DSP synth drums)
No signed installer (why Windows panics) Bare bones template website.
Who are Forever 89 to justify the price point. Am I missing something?!
"Forever ’89 is a creative studio co-founded by Svante Stadler and Rikard Jönsson", thats from the website. Afaik they had to do something with Ableton and Teenage Engineering. Is that enough to justify the price, I don't know but hope Visco will be evolving project. I finally had the time to play with it. It's fun. Could use additional functionality, but I guess these guys know how to code. The morphing between samples is beautiful. Also the fact that each sample (or the "blob"), including the ones you import into Visco, is mathematical representation and weights over 1kB is wild.
Music, just like tortilla, is no fun without a bit of "cheese". :clown:
soundcloud.com/vertlain

It's pretty basic in its current form but one to keep an eye on (and they were pretty quick to get the GUI resize out)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”