Studio One where are you?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Studio One still exist?

No more updates, radio silence from Presonus for the future of Studio One.

I am very motivated to learn Studio One in depth, but given the lethargy of Presonus for its development, I wonder if it is not better to abandon Studio One and invest my time in Cubase Pro 12, or even upgrade for it. version 13.

What do you think, Studio One has been abandoned by Presonus?

If it is to invest time in a daw which is losing development, there is no real point.

I prefer Studio One to Cubase, already for the workflow and CPU management.

But if Studio One no longer evolves or development lags, it is no longer really interesting in this case to continue the adventure with a daw which is or will be at some point in the background, or even obsolete compared to future developments in both software and hardware.

Don't use Studio One, but according to the release notes the last updated was in September ~6 months ago, doesn't seem to me it was abandoned. Their Youtube channel is active also.

6.5.2 was released January 16th 2024.

I‘m an old chap, but I learned a good lesson over the past years: never buy a DAW for what it might become in the future. Buy it for what you like right now.

Yes abandon it and try something else, because your music program company has not put out an update for a few months. :tu:

Yeah the last update was 2 months ago and they have had a ton of video content and articles coming out since then as well. Not sure where the abandonment thing is coming from. I like Cubase too but you'll go much longer than 2 months without an update from those guys so if you're basing what DAW you use on that I'd stay put.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

"Studio One where are you?"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Where are YOU?? Not paying much attention to your DAW of choice. Must be that trance music. Studio One is, and has been more actively developed than many if not most major DAWS. Wake up and smell the bits.
Last edited by CapnLockheed on Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Trancer wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:38 pm Does Studio One still exist?

No more updates, radio silence from Presonus for the future of Studio One.

I am very motivated to learn Studio One in depth, but given the lethargy of Presonus for its development, I wonder if it is not better to abandon Studio One and invest my time in Cubase Pro 12, or even upgrade for it. version 13.
Ok, I'll bite. Let's do a quick Google search... mmmh... k.

Studio One version 6.5.2, released 16th of January 2024: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=53186

Cubase version 13.0.21, released 25th of Januray 2024: https://www.steinberg.net/es/cubase/rel ... TAxOTY4MjM.

You're absolutely right. Better to invest your precious time in the DAW whose latest version is 9 days younger. Studio One has to be abandoned.

Only idiots respond to this thread.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:42 pm Only idiots respond to this thread.
The real problem is that idiots don't feel like idiots when they act like idiots these days.

Not even when you prove that what they said is idiotic.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm
The real problem is that idiots don't feel like idiots when they act like idiots these days.

The OP isn't an idiot. He just wants attention.
Let's give it to him and make this thread go 10 pages long.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:40 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm

The OP isn't an idiot. He just wants attention.
Let's give it to him and make this thread go 10 pages long.
It's inevitable. ;)

And, claiming that Studio One is abandoned because the last update was 3 months ago, and then threatening to switch to a DAW whose last update is... 3 months old seems pretty idiotic to me. Just like attention seeking.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm And, claiming that Studio One is abandoned because the last update was 3 months ago, and then threatening to switch to a DAW whose last update is... 3 months old seems pretty idiotic to me. Just like attention seeking.
None of this would have happened had he used Reaper.

True. 😂

I don't feel alone at all and don't need attention.

When I say abandonment, these are minor updates.

An update is a major version, the rest are add-ons.

Even if not everything is interesting in Cubase 13, there is a little richer content nonetheless.

What does the latest version of Studio One 6.5.2 really bring?

I'm just saying, development for additions in Studio One is dragging a bit.

By this I mean a version 7 for example, with new and real improvements and developments, new features for composition, mixing, vst, so that Studio One is sufficient in itself, a bit like Live for example.

Now, once again, if you find my post stupid, move on, it will be perfect.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”