Constructing C E G G# chord with chord builder?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgH7mw4idDE

and I wanted to create this specific chord C E G G# used at 12:13 in the video.

Chord builder doesn't allow me to use G and G# at the same time.

Charles Cornell analyzed this specific chord ( C E G G# ) — used in "Interstellar" movie.

Some sort of cluster chord or dissonant chord.

I there a way to construct such chords with chord builder?

P.S. I some how constructed this chord with TonnetZ

By the way, yes !

That is a very good question... I can modify the the Chord Builder to allow this. Usually you don't need such special chords, but from the next beta version (around Friday), you'll be able to select multiple notes by holding down the Shift or Ctrl keys when clicking.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

It is perfectly !

Hello Attila! I have a request to modify the "Collect scales for selected chords" command. I would like to add a command to simultaneously open lists of scales for each of the selected chords. This makes sense for deep modal changes to a phrase directly in the Composition window. And yes, this also makes sense given that all open lists can be used simultaneously, choosing your own mod for each chord. It is possible to keep scale lists open while the modifier key is pressed. Thank you .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:32 pm That is a very good question... I can modify the the Chord Builder to allow this. Usually you don't need such special chords, but from the next beta version (around Friday), you'll be able to select multiple notes by holding down the Shift or Ctrl keys when clicking.

Thanks!
Attila
I am pleasantly surprised by the unexpected reply from "Atilla himself".
Your response has made me feel truly grateful.

Thank you for considering my request.

Thank you for your kind words!
Not just considering, but yesterday this was implemented. If you hold down either Shift or Ctrl during clicking, other chord notes will not be deselected.
Most probably the beta version won't be completed today, I am doing my best to finish it ASAP.

If you have the .php download links, you just need to add "beta" before ".php" so that it ends with "beta.php" to have a download URL.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Great suggestion :D falling into the category of chords and keys. I just discovered this new VST for patterns. What I've noticed is that you can type in the actual keys you want the patterns to be generated on. Is there something you can already do in RC? If not, it would be very useful, especially if you already have a chord progression that you want your melody or baseline to follow :tu: would be very useful and say the Markov generator if you could select the notes you want the patterns to fall on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:00 pm If you have the .php download links, you just need to add "beta" before ".php" so that it ends with "beta.php" to have a download URL.
:tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”