donkeyt-For a game of soldiers - Shoegaze/Big Beat/'ard Rokk..perhaps?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After the disco donkey, time for something completely different.

https://donkeyt.bandcamp.com/track/for- ... f-soldiers

One of me more 'off the wall' efforts. Mostly (I'll leave it at that - clickbait..) instrumental, it's very roughly like a poor man's bastard offspring of the Cocteau Twins and Ver Zep, with some electronic bits thrown in, or something. Mebbe even a bit p**g r**k :scared: . Nice riff!

It seamlessly navigates between multiple genres and is a cohesive listen. Brilliant! :tu:

It's like a really good dump, that is. :clap:

Frantz wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 am It seamlessly navigates between multiple genres and is a cohesive listen. Brilliant! :tu:
Hehe, I did wonder if others would find it a bit confusing. Obviously I think the changes work, but I would, and I've heard it loads. :scared:

Glad you liked it. :D

HanafiH wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:17 am It's like a really good dump, that is. :clap:
High praise! :hihi:

Loved all the twists and turns. Just when you you're heading for a jam, the bottom falls out and you're back in ambient land. Really interesting, original stuff.

Brilliant stuff as usual 😍
Top quality everything.
Loving the bipolar arrangement.
Definitely my favourite artist here (probably mentioned that before 😁)
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

ecamburn wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:36 am Loved all the twists and turns. Just when you you're heading for a jam, the bottom falls out and you're back in ambient land. Really interesting, original stuff.
Cheers!

jethrobull wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:18 am
Definitely my favourite artist here (probably mentioned that before 😁)
The cheque is in the post... :scared:

Interesting, not what I expected. I thought that the lead ups at 1:50 and 2:40 or so should've had a stronger climax, like a guitar riff, or something. Like you do in the final part.
And a sinsesizer!
Atmospheric, and a nice vibe, though I'd work on it a bit more.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm also a fan of your work Tugger. Seeing the change from several years past to this new shite has been a treat.
Cheers
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Bombadil wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:02 pm Interesting, not what I expected. I thought that the lead ups at 1:50 and 2:40 or so should've had a stronger climax, like a guitar riff, or something. Like you do in the final part.
Hehe, that's sort of the point though, the little snippets of riffage are foreshadowing for the big build up at the end - you don't play your big cards early doors, or some trite saying.. :hihi:
Atmospheric, and a nice vibe, though I'd work on it a bit more.
I really have no more ideas for this to be honest, plus it's insanely complicated now, with group tracks going into group tracks, and 34 lots of parameters automated. If I start trying to do anything radical at this point I will surely break something. :scared: Got to stop at some point and do something else!

Mister Natural wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 am I'm also a fan of your work Tugger. Seeing the change from several years past to this new shite has been a treat.
Cheers
Cheers. The more 'atmospheric' stuff has always been there, but I've given it more 'free reign' I think of late, and definitely adopted a less 'formal' approach to writing on a lot of stuff, it seems!

This is exactly my kind of thing. Very well done. Reminds me of some of the dramatic changes I'd hear in technical metal from the early '00s.
Thanks for sharing!

well there never was a dull moment. the abrupt changes were jarring ( in a good way, I suppose).
It's good to hear what you're doing these days, embracing the synthysizer stuff yet throwing in just enough heavy riffs to keep those who enjoy heavy riffs satisfied..thanks for continuing to make music

Return to “Music Cafe”