Schwabe Digital released Orange Clip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.schwabedigital.com/orangeclip

Imitating the famous FL Soft Clipper
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 10.37.56.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

For only $119

Even just 99$ for those who have their other clipper, which is only 199.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Just for reference.... you could buy FL Studio Fruity Edition, which includes the soft clipper this emulates, along with 80+ other effects and an entire f*****g DAW, for $99

...but... it sounds so much more.... :scared: ORANGE :hihi:

Seriously, after seeing this thread I opened my calendar to see if is it 1st April already. It isn't.

As someone said, one can get full-blown DAW with the original sounding Limiter + many more features at the same price.

Just try it.
I did, and was surprised.
The story is not so simple about those kind of tools. Appearances are deceptive.
Some people find FL studio clipper has a sound. And personnally I dont want change my DAW just for that.
Regarding the price of FL Studio light and this plugin, I guess some people would argue Logic Pro is the best daw, incredible plugins, you have every plugin you want in it. Why not switch to Logic ? Its price is less than a couple of its plugins.

sergenas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 pm Just try it.
The story is not so simple about those kind of tools. Appearances are deceptive.
Some people find FL studio clipper has a sound. And personnally I dont want change my DAW just for that.
Regarding the price of FL Studio light and this plugin, I guess some people would argue Logic Pro is the best daw, incredible plugins, you have every plugin you want in it. Why not switch to Logic ? Its price is less than a couple of its plugins.
Ok you have a point there. But for the first time, I will drop a comment on price. I think this would have better "#acceptance" if it was in the $50 ballpark.

I like the sound of FL Clipper and use my copy of FL mostly just for that and slides. So this will be really helpful indeed. Until to this date I did not find anything close to that sound and this plugin really has that sound. The price is steep though yes.
By the way Jaysen Joshua said in one of his videos that he created a chain in protools that is very close to FL Soft Clipper but do not know the details.

Im sure this is nice, like their first clipper. Too
rich for my blood tho, like their first clipper. heh

kmonkey wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:37 pm
sergenas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 pm Just try it.
Ok you have a point there. But for the first time, I will drop a comment on price. I think this would have better "#acceptance" if it was in the $50 ballpark.
I can understand that. Their pricing is not amongst the cheapest. With PA quickly seeling their plugin at 29 USD or less, we lost the concept of plugins real price.

At least it is a good plugin and they offer a rent to own to make it more accessible.

sergenas wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:42 am
I can understand that. Their pricing is not amongst the cheapest. With PA quickly seeling their plugin at 29 USD or less, we lost the concept of plugins real price.

At least it is a good plugin and they offer a rent to own to make it more accessible.
Yep, and to my findings even the ORange Clip is better than the BX Clipper. Let alone the Gold Clip.

It's emulating the clipping functionality of the coveted Lavry Gold AD Converter; a $8500 unit.

So, a standard clipper it is not.

clivestretch wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:14 pm It's emulating the clipping functionality of the coveted Lavry Gold AD Converter; a $8500 unit.

So, a standard clipper it is not.
No it's not. You got the wrong plugin.

ORANGE clip, is literally an emulation of FL Studio's Soft clipper plugin. Yes, it's an emulation of another plugin, one that is a fairly standard waveshaper to boot.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”